Andrew Thomas Ga-Tackle (1 Viewer)

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I''ve been playing on the mock drafft site, player rankings. I normally have to choose between him and D'Andre Swift.

My question is, Can Armstead move inside and Thomas take over the left tackle spot?

Why would you move one of the best LT’s in the NFL for an unknown rookie?

If we did draft a stud OT, more than likely he would play LG until Armstead is gone and then slide over.
Because Armstead always seems injured. Jut thinking he may be better served being between Thomas and McCoy.

I've done quite a few mocks and he's fell to me once (using many different big boards). As someone else said, you move the rookie to guard not the all-pro vet if it happens.

An interesting one I also had fall was Isaiah Simmons. That would be pretty nuts.

Andrew Thomas is one of the most interesting prospects in the class for me, as a fan of a team picking in the low/mid 20s. I would rank him as one of the 10 best prospects in the class because he’s good at everything, but a lot of times teams can fall in love with traits. Thomas doesn’t possess the physical allure of guys like Mekhi Becton, Tristan Wirfs or Jedrick Wills.. Think back to Jawaan Taylor’s fall into round 2 last draft. Eerily similar with Thomas. Taylor was one of the best rookie OTs in the league in 2019. If for some weird reason every NFL GM decides to forfeit stability, I would love for NO to jump all over him. He is a value anywhere outside the top 10.

But no, don’t move Armstead. Thomas is perfectly capable of playing guard for a handful of seasons if necessary.

Last edited:
Personally think he is overrated, granted only got to see him when he played LSU and did not look like the top 15 or top 10 pick that he was being evaluated at....

With Wirfs, Wills & Becton having the better combines, Thomas could definitely tumble and be the 4th offensive tackle on most boards. If he’s available, that is a home run pick at 24.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom