Android Phone with SD Slot & Headphone Jack ?? (1 Viewer)

JayMS

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It is time I have to upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy S7 (VERIZON) to something else but I would like an Android phone that has BOTH SD Slot and Headphone Jack. The headphone jack is the most important so I'll forgo the SD slot if I have to.

What is out there that has both? The S20 FE has the SD slot but Not the headphone jack. I read a Pixel has the jack but not the SD slot. Is there a current model (or 2020/2021) phone that has both?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Do you need top of the line specs? Also, would high storage capacity help with the idea of not having a memory slot?

Do you need top of the line specs? Also, would high storage capacity help with the idea of not having a memory slot?
No it does not need to be top of the line specs however it would be nice to be able to upgrade to the current Android version the next couple of years. I am stuck on Android 8 on my current phone. Greater than 32GB of space would be nice considering that's what I have filled up on this S7. :\

most (decent) phones have at least 128Gb of storage these days. More expensive ones can a terabyte

The phones with better moisture and dust resistance tend not to have headphone jacks. You can still get a jack on something like pixel a series or some of the Samsung's. But in general the top of the line are sealed up now. Also, the standard is 128gb of storage even on lower end phones. Couple that with embracing cloud storage and you really don't need any more apart from unique tasks. A new phone from Samsung or Google will get you 3 years + of updates.

if it doesn't come with an audio jack, there are various usb C to 3.5mm adapters out there nowadays

... but I will not be able to charge the phone at the same time correct? I'm weird ... I stream music via headphones when I sleep. I'd wake up to a dead battery most likely. LOL Someone told me there is a combo plug for power and headphone jack. I need to look into that.
if it doesn't come with an audio jack, there are various usb C to 3.5mm adapters out there nowadays

I saw a couple different types, one looked like a Y splitter where you could have it charging at the same time...
I don't know how well any of them work however.

I guess I'm confused. Why do you need a headphone jack? Can't you just use Bluetooth earbuds?
I'm weird ... I stream music via headphones when I sleep. I'd wake up to a dead battery most likely. LOL Plus there are times when I might have to depend on that wired connection for work.

I'm weird ... I stream music via headphones when I sleep. I'd wake up to a dead battery most likely. LOL Plus there are times when I might have to depend on that wired connection for work.
Gotcha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom