Andrus Peat vs. Seahawks DB Kelcie McCray (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So Kelcie McCray (No. 33) was not ready for LG Andrus Peat <a href="https://t.co/YROcVd0kkQ">pic.twitter.com/YROcVd0kkQ</a></p>&mdash; Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/793508825278144512">November 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

t6z9kn.jpg

seriously? why gloat or praise that, do it to one of the guys with numbers in the 90s, then gloat.

Damn if he followed Peat on that play, he scores.

Yeah, he just needed Unger to hold his ground a smidge more and that one goes for a huge gain. Or, he needed better "vision."

That said, 7 yards is still nice.

Yeah, he just needed Unger to hold his ground a smidge more and that one goes for a huge gain. Or, he needed better "vision."

Agreed

Looking at it you can say if he allows the play to flow for a second longer he sees that gap but logic tells me with regards to our position on the field the possibility that he loses yards if he does stretch it for longer is real so he took the quick yards to get us off our goaline.

Def played field position there. Can't say i fault him for that one

Damn if he followed Peat on that play, he scores.

Well maybe not scores, but that is 20+, a good cut block would have freed him from having to Cut back.

In most Saints running formations, the RB is very close to the line of scrimmage, so there is little time to survey. The RB has to take the first thing that looks like a hole opening up.

After that game, I think Hightower will try to look toward Peat.

It looked to me like the play was designed to cut behind the right guard. That's why you see Khun? kick out to seal the back side. Unger, in this case is pushing the DT to the outside. He wouldn't be expecting TH to run through that gap and wouldn't have leverage to prevent the DT from shedding his block to make the tackle without holding him. Plus, even if TH did stretch that out and hit the hole, it would have given the secondary time to move up and fill the gap or at least prevent a long gain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom