Andrus Peat (2 Viewers)

It's ok. Some are still upset thinking he's a waste because he came in out of shape last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go out on a limb. I'll give him 3 weeks (three regular season games) of being a full-time starter at RG before the opinion on him completely changes. By the time the 1st quarter of the season is over, he will be one of the best linemen we have.

I keep seeing a lot of you really down on AP , I went back and watched the replay and did nothing but watch AP , He did a pretty darn good job on fri. I have no idea who or what game some of you were watching . He helped open quite a few holes and did well on pass protect . He had one play where he let pressure get in , but other than that he did well .In fact him and Strief did for the most part a good job Fri.
On other O line observations , Jack Allen looked awful . Joe Cheek had some nice plays
Landon Turner looked good , Fullington was nothing special , Tony Hills was pretty bad .
Bottom line , if Armstead is not healthy we got trouble and depth is an issue But I don;'t see Peat as much of a liability

I hope Peat can be a Pro Bowl guard. Short of that, I hope he locks down the RG position and protects Brees without giving up a sack all year long and for years to come. I'm pulling for him. Otherwise, we are in for a long season.

I hope Peat can be a Pro Bowl guard. Short of that, I hope he locks down the RG position and protects Brees without giving up a sack all year long and for years to come. I'm pulling for him. Otherwise, we are in for a long season.

This yr the goal is to put the 5 BEST O lineman on the field no matter WHAT their natural position is . AP is playing RG because he IS one of the 5 best O lineman we have. He will do every bit as good a job as Unger does at C and maybe a bit better job than ZS does at RT . I'll bet he would do as good or better kob @ RT as ZS. But if we put him there we will have even MORE of a problem at OG because ZS cannot play OG any longer.
Next yr when we address the O line more fully and a good yr under his belt on the RIGHT side AP will be our starting RT and solidify the RT position . With TA and AP we will have a very good OT tandem

Sadly, PFF will probably beg to differ. Don't understand how Strief gets ranked so high by them.

I actually don't think Strief is as terrible as everybody makes him out to be. The problem is when he looks bad it's REALLY bad. He doesn't show much in between. Either he's good or he's really bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom