Andrus Peat (1 Viewer)

DSnfla

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I keep seeing a lot of you really down on AP , I went back and watched the replay and did nothing but watch AP , He did a pretty darn good job on fri. I have no idea who or what game some of you were watching . He helped open quite a few holes and did well on pass protect . He had one play where he let pressure get in , but other than that he did well .In fact him and Strief did for the most part a good job Fri.
On other O line observations , Jack Allen looked awful . Joe Cheek had some nice plays
Landon Turner looked good , Fullington was nothing special , Tony Hills was pretty bad .
Bottom line , if Armstead is not healthy we got trouble and depth is an issue But I don;'t see Peat as much of a liability

I keep seeing a lot of you really down on AP , I went back and watched the replay and did nothing but watch AP , He did a pretty darn good job on fri. I have no idea who or what game some of you were watching . He helped open quite a few holes and did well on pass protect . He had one play where he let pressure get in , but other than that he did well .In fact him and Strief did for the most part a good job Fri.
On other O line observations , Jack Allen looked awful . Joe Cheek had some nice plays
Landon Turner looked good , Fullington was nothing special , Tony Hills was pretty bad .
Bottom line , if Armstead is not healthy we got trouble and depth is an issue But I don;'t see Peat as much of a liability

Did you see the play at the end of the 1st half where he got physically man handled and tossed aside like a little girl ?

The frustration ( my frustration) with Peat is that we used the 13th overall pick in the draft to have him be our Right Tackle. Instead we are talking about a ray of hope that he might be an adequate NFL right Guard ( if he develops ) over time.

Yeah. He's gotten better in both games since being full time RG.

It's super easy to forget just how young he is. Not even 23 years old yet. He's got some serious potential.

I'm not worried about Peat, I'm much more concerned about Lelito and Strief.

Did you see the play at the end of the 1st half where he got physically man handled and tossed aside like a little girl ?

The frustration ( my frustration) with Peat is that we used the 13th overall pick in the draft to have him be our Right Tackle. Instead we are talking about a ray of hope that he might be an adequate NFL right Guard ( if he develops ) over time.

Both the announcers said that play was Striefs fault.

I'm not worried about Peat, I'm much more concerned about Lelito and Strief.

I'm not being funny or even negative when I say this. Lelito has had some of the worst starting guard play this preseason that I've ever seen on a NFL team that is trying to protect a future HOF QB.

Peat will be fine once he settles in to one position. You just have to hope his state of mind isn't shook or anything with some of his lack of success at a couple of positions.

While Strief is bad now because it's getting to or it is at the end of his starting days, he will be ok except for 7-8 games when we play elite pass rushers. Maybe by then the rest of our Oline will have gotten their stuff together and we will be able to give him more help. Right now we have 2 or more guys on any given play that need a little extra help either from anothe lineman, back, or TE.

I was pretty negative Friday night. I don't put a whole lot of stock in results whether positive or negative in preseason. What I want to see is execution, winning one on one battles, and position groups looking competent. Friday night I didn't see much of the above at all. It was just a putrid performance.

We have two weeks to get focused, gameplan more in detail, make some adjustments, and get ready to give everything we have against Oakland and let the chips fall where they may.

A healthy Armistead and Unger are our only 2 solid players on the O line. The other 3 are a liability and will have Drew running for his life.

Yeah. He's gotten better in both games since being full time RG.

It's super easy to forget just how young he is. Not even 23 years old yet. He's got some serious potential.

IIRC, the plan was to have Peat stay on the right side, Compared to havn him play all over the place like he did last year. But once again he started out all ovr the place in TC before settling in at RG for the last week or so. TA or no, Peat shoulda stayed at RG. That was valuable reps lost in the process.. So for tose like us who feel Peat has improved the last 2 weeks, imagine how much farther along he would be if he was playin exclusively at RG from the getgo!

I wish he could just beat out Strief and end all this ...but, apparently that isn't happening
I think it's less about him beating Strief and more Peat is better than our other options at right guard right now.

Like I really hope Landon Turner eventually steps up and takes over for Peat at right guard, letting Peat then jump to right tackle.

The other wildcard here is Avery Young, who is just coming off the injury report and probably needs some serious catching up to do.

Anyone key on him at all in the later portion of the game?

I took another look at the first half, and I'd have to agree. I think our OL has had a hard time getting into a groove with so many moving pieces. I think they'll be vastly improved by week 1.

Both the announcers said that play was Striefs fault.
Sadly, PFF will probably beg to differ. Don't understand how Strief gets ranked so high by them.

If it helps, look at how Luke Joeckel has panned out in Jacksonville. Sometimes it takes a while to find a positional home in the league...

So, you're upset about one play. That makes no sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom