Andrus Peat (1 Viewer)

"I want him to come back, but not @ that price".
I'd almost swear that the Saints CFO is here on SR telling us the future plans!
So many cap wizards here, Loomis should be concerned!

They can easily sign or draft a better OG, but they will not find a better OG that can slide out and be effective at LT. Even then, an O-Line is most effective with chemistry. That's even more important in today's NFL where physical practices are now limited. Unless Peat asks for starting LT money, you re-sign him.

This is where I fall on it as well. You could probably find a better pure Guard but Peat's versatility has been huge for us. And look, Peat is just 25 years old and he's about to enter his prime. I think he can continue to improve. Does he have the tremendous ceiling that we hoped for? Doesn't look like it but he can still be a solid, versatile starter who does a few things really well.

The fact that he's been often injured is the problem. That's what has affected his play. It's hard to overemphasize the importance of him being our backup left tackle. That frees up a roster spot. We have several guys (Cameron Tom and Will Clapp for example) that can play guard and center, but few, if any, that play guard and tackle. Just need the big man to stay healthy.

"I want him to come back, but not @ that price".
I'd almost swear that the Saints CFO is here on SR telling us the future plans!
So many cap wizards here, Loomis should be concerned!
Where was Peat in the NFC championship? Oh yeah... Injuried and getting abused. Seems like someone worthy of getting 10 million a year. Going by the good faith system of paying him and hope he'll be elite has never backfired...

Wow, we must have as many pro-bowl former players as we do cap wizards. Just tear 1 off the pages of SR & get another all pro!

I wonder who the next "waste of a pick" is gonna be next year?

Wow, we must have as many pro-bowl former players as we do cap wizards. Just tear 1 off the pages of SR & get another all pro!

I wonder who the next "waste of a pick" is gonna be next year?
Another All-Pro... Peat has never been an All-Pro, dear..

To those who know offensive line play, how good is Peat? I see him ranked all the way down to 77th on best guards in the NFL, yet, Brees rarely gets pressure in his face, and running to Peat and Armstead’s side is highly effective when they are both healthy. I also know that the here is still a hangover on this board from him coming in out of shape his rookie year and a portion of this board still believing he always a waste because of that.

So what is it? Great, good, or just meh?
Trading him frees up almost 10 million in Cap Space with no dead money and I think realistically we could get a 2nd rounder for him. With the run of DLineman that’s going to happen in the 1st, I think we can get a very good interior lineman or maybe two.

Trading him frees up almost 10 million in Cap Space with no dead money and I think realistically we could get a 2nd rounder for him. With the run of DLineman that’s going to happen in the 1st, I think we can get a very good interior lineman or maybe two.

So who do we replace him with? I hope he is, but not sure Cameron Tom is the answer...we also just lost our best LT backup if we let him go.....

Where was Peat in the NFC championship? Oh yeah... Injuried and getting abused. Seems like someone worthy of getting 10 million a year. Going by the good faith system of paying him and hope he'll be elite has never backfired...
Yes, always judge a player entirely on the last game you saw him in. That's how scouting and talent assessment always works.

Yes, always judge a player entirely on the last game you saw him in. That's how scouting and talent assessment always works.
Pretty sure underperforming and being injured is a consistent theme with Peat.

I've made my views on Peat pretty clear and I realize I'm probably in the minority.

But I trust the tape. I trust guys like Rev Deuce who watch every snap he takes to give their thoughts. Peat is average. He's a guy who is only as good as he is because everyone else around him is so good. He's constantly hurt as well, which even if he were above average, would be enough to question whether he's worth it.

I'm all for keeping it at the right price, but only the right price. Paying him $8+M a year would be a big mistake.

The point is to get better every offseason. We should at least make an attempt to improve on Peat before handing him $9M this season and/or a big extension after that.

Another All-Pro... Peat has never been an All-Pro, dear..

Yep, that's "exactly" what I said.
Sure "dear"...
I wish I had your deep knowledge of the world(@least as you see it). sweety...

Pretty sure underperforming and being injured is a consistent theme with Peat.
Then I suggest giving us that compelling evidence, rather than looking like yours was a knee jerk reaction to him playing hurt the last time we had a game.

Also, I've yet to see a single post explaining who replaces Peat. Not one. Just a lot of 'not good enough', 'hurt' and 'someone else'. Those are not solutions.

Then I suggest giving us that compelling evidence, rather than looking like yours was a knee jerk reaction to him playing hurt the last time we had a game.

Also, I've yet to see a single post explaining who replaces Peat. Not one. Just a lot of 'not good enough', 'hurt' and 'someone else'. Those are not solutions.
I'm not for replcing him, but stretching his 10 million cap hit into a friendly long term contract. Pro-Peat wants to pump the gas on flat out PAYING the dude. I'm pumping the brakes and trying get some equal value than overpaying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom