Andrus Peat (1 Viewer)

I don't understand Pro Bowl voting at all. What do fans of other teams know about our Guards lol? I couldn't tell you the first thing about the Giants' Guards or the Jets or the Cardinals. There only a handful in the league I can name off the top of my head who I know to be good players. So how did so many voters land on Andrus Peat of all people?

I have a theory and it's about how often the Saints play to a nationally televised audience. Since people are exposed to the Saints so much they know more about our players. I remember a few years ago in some big game the commentator kept talking about how well Andrus Peat was pulling and blocking people down the field. He was gushing over him. Peat was having one of his good games I guess. Now a lot of people watching that game came away thinking, "That Andrus Peat dude is for real" and then voted for him in the Pro Bowl.

Also, I haven't played Madden in years but I remember becoming familiar with the good teams by playing with them. I'm sure the Saints have been awesome on Madden and I'm sure Peat has a good rating being a Pro Bowler and all.

But if that's the case then wouldn't it also be true for Ram? Lol here we are with some serviceable Guard going to multiple Pro Bowls while the best Right Tackle in football has yet to be voted in once.

Remembers, fans are only 1/3 of the vote. Typically Andrus makes it in due to player & coach voting as he never typically leads (5th is highest I can remember him being in fan voting, but I"m just thinking off top of my head. Sure there is a TP article on it.) in the fan voting aspect. He's not that highly rated in the year prior to this one's Madden, but I don't know about this year. I don't buy it very often.

Now, the tackle issueis a different one. That is typically because only LTs receive a majority of the votes and it isn't separated by specific side. We're in an era of voting where many people still place a lot more value (in their votes) on the left. From 2017-2019 Mitchell Schwartz was probably the best RT in the NFL and never made a Pro-Bowl. (injured in 2020).

Worst signing of recent history. I didn't understand it when it happened and I don't now. He's not elite imo and is hurt way too often.

Payton has a thing for his first rd picks. My biggest beef with Peat is he’s always hurt. I’m okay with him in pass protection and he’s very good in run blocking.

Payton has a thing for his first rd picks. My biggest beef with Peat is he’s always hurt. I’m okay with him in pass protection and he’s very good in run blocking.
He doesn't always anchor well and ends up on his butt too much. He has games where he plays great, but he is way too inconsistent for me. And he doesn't handle quicker guys well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom