Andy Benoit Saints/Chief analysis (1 Viewer)

The Saints haven't had a good edge sealing end on the left side since Grant was hungry. They had a cast of who evers, a rookie Jordan who spent quite a bit of time at DT, Gallete who was only a pass rusher then who? This has been a chronic issue for a lot of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Saints haven't had a good edge sealing end on the left side since Grant was hungry. They had a cast of who evers, a rookie Jordan who spent quite a bit of time at DT, Gallete who was only a pass rusher then who? This has been a chronic issue for a lot of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cam is playing LE already so that statement doesn't make much sense. Will Smith was also a very good edge setting RE.

Anthony scraping across as the Mike would go along way to dealing with Edge runs. Problem is his recognition. For as quickly as Stupar recognizes plays and it allows him to look more rangy Anthony has the opposite problem and looks tentative. His speed alone could seal the edge to either side if going in the right direction pre/post snap.

I admit the RDE position is a question mark but in the few plays that Kruger was in he recognized a few things. The screen play that Crawley was able to blow up was helped by Kruger now going all out on the rush so the LT wasn't able to pick someone up. Yet again... a scraping MLB can fill some of that stuff but Robertson doesn't have the range/size to get there. Once someone gets their hands on him he's pretty much out of the play.

There is some work to be done on this D but not so much that it can't be handled next year and it'll be good for some of the question marks to shake themselves loose by the end of the season.

WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - Steve: Vaccaro Fears Some Saints OK With Being Average

He mentions Nick watching film...possibly but not likely talking about Underhill. He's talking about playing gaps and leverage. Seems like getting Rankins back and moving Fairley to more of a pass-rushing role where he can go all out will help things a bit. At least in theory.

The above link is the actual audio of the KV interview that has been making its rounds.
Maybe Nick Fairley?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom