Andy Benoit tweets about the Raiders - Saints game (1 Viewer)

Well thanks for nothing.

Prior to this this post, I thought I knew football.

I now realize how much I don't know.

And I will never criticise Payton, Allen and the coaches for schematics.

This is VERY impressive.

Does this guy do every game?

Or is he specifically for Saints?

Please continue to post.

He is on the staff of MMQB. He has watched film and tweeted on several games from last weekend.

Robertson will end up starting at Mike anyway and Anthony will get on the field

This is just my theory but I believe if Anthony had any trouble with play calling last year it was due to being a rookie and tying to decipher Rob Ryan's calls. During training camp more than one player commented on Allen simplifying the scheme and that the calls aren't so cumbersome to remember and relay to other players. I get wanting an experienced hand in JL and someone that can quickly diagnose the play but we're really missing Anthony's athleticism and playmaking ability.

Anthony is also our best pass rushing LB. It's a garbage decision to not feature him on a defense that needs pass rush.

I don't understand most of this season's big decisions. Maybe I'm dumb or the coaches are making a lot of gut decisions. I'm leaning towards my own stupidity and possible acid reflux.

If Dennis Allen is the guy to lead this defense then CB Sterling Moore is going to start this week. And LB Anthony will get more pass rush opportunities.

I also don't understand CB Crawley being on the active roster. He is a practice squad guy. He shouldn't be our top boundary CB backup. CB Troy Hill or CB Darryl Roberts were available. It's a garbage decision to ruin CB Crawley before he gets a chance to develop.

PS- I say garbage decision a lot this year. It's like 2014 all over again.

Anthony is also our best pass rushing LB. It's a garbage decision to not feature him on a defense that needs pass rush.

I don't understand most of this season's big decisions. Maybe I'm dumb or the coaches are making a lot of gut decisions. I'm leaning towards my own stupidity and possible acid reflux.

If Dennis Allen is the guy to lead this defense then CB Sterling Moore is going to start this week. And LB Anthony will get more pass rush opportunities.

I also don't understand CB Crawley being on the active roster. He is a practice squad guy. He shouldn't be our top boundary CB backup. CB Troy Hill or CB Darryl Roberts were available. It's a garbage decision to ruin CB Crawley before he gets a chance to develop.

PS- I say garbage decision a lot this year. It's like 2014 all over again.

Anthony can't be on the field to pass rush. He is not a pass rusher. He nay blitz here and there but if he will be on the field his main job will be coverage and stopping the run. Don't expect him to help our pass rush.

Does he have an analysis on that 4th down phantom PI call that handed the Raiders the game?

Well, Benoit confirms what several fear: Laurinaitis is an albatross around the D's neck. Also points out how little sense it makes for Anthony not to be starting. Are we really going to throw away another draft pick by not starting and even barely playing him?

Anthony not starting might be cause of a number of reasons. Staff might be playing it safe with him, since he just recovered from injury. Or he might be in the doghouse. If Benoit thinks he si the Best LBer si because he saw something in film. You can be sure of that

Does he have an analysis on that 4th down phantom PI call that handed the Raiders the game?

No, those are almost all his tweets. He did some analysis on Raider players that I didn´t include. He also mentions that Breaux did travel between left and right Corner, that´s about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom