Opinion Andy Dalton Era (1 Viewer)

So you are saying he was able to get the ball to his playmakers?

Looking at a healthy QB option is not hating on Winston which so many Jameis fanbois assume is the case.
Can’t disagree with this. We have playmakers too.
Seems opinion on O-Line. was different when Brees was behind center. It was all Peat’s fault. Now y’all ready to give Peat the MVP. :D:LOL:
Nope. Brees always made the line look better than they were. Line has been fair to poor for a few years now imo. Peat is who he is.

I'm probably wrong, and I have no shame in sharing this, but I seriously don't think we were after Watson seriously, we were helping the Texans drive up trade value....we've worked a few trades with them before and I think this is one of those situations where they reached out to a "friend" for help so we feigned interest to rope in suitors.

That’s ridiculous.

Not sure I'd call 6 years knee jerk. I want James to succeed and since it's a coaches decision anyhow the only thing I have is my opinion so this will play out either way.
It's not 6 years of the same thing. Dude had like 4 systems in 5 years and multiple head coaches in Tampa. He's only had like 9 starts in our system and he's coming back from major injury after no playing the last 10 games of last season. To want to bench him or speak of his backup playing after 2 games is knee jerk to me.

It's kind of like last year except our non starter level QB options are better. There isn't a franchise QB on this roster. Sean Payton's biggest failure was leaving the QB cupboard bare. It was Brees or bust. All of the other rostered QBs were pipe dreams at best.

Last edited:
Not me homie! I'm willing to let the man grow. I surely am not pulling him for an old QB that isn't that far from retirement. Even when Dalton was at his peak he was never a top 10 QB.
Nah...I was saying I'm pretty knee-jerked in my personal life and you should be worried. I'm with you on JW, it seems every step of the way there's been a contingent...the same guys BTW, looking to dump him for:

1st it was Hill
then after the ACL injury it was Hill
then they wanted Watson...well not just them
then Trubisky, Mayfield
then Corral, Strong, Zappe, ........insert UDFA QB
now Dalton
then it'll be Hill
then it'll be "Franchise QB out of State University" in '23

It’s only Week 3. The team is 1-1 not 0-2 and there is a good chance they may be tied for the NFCS lead by Sunday night.

We're one quarter away from being 0-2 with both losses being two possession losses. The TB loss was BS cuz of the crappy reffing but even with the TB TD coming via horrible reffing we still only scored 10 points while the offense gave up 7 on a pick 6 so their net production for the game was 3 points.

The defense has come together wonderfully the last 5 quarters after looking rough until the fourth quarter of the ATL game so the side of the ball that needs to prove itself is obviously the offense. If JW looks the same after the next two games I think it makes perfect sense to kick the tires on Dalton.

Nah...I was saying I'm pretty knee-jerked in my personal life and you should be worried. I'm with you on JW, it seems every step of the way there's been a contingent...the same guys BTW, looking to dump him for:

1st it was Hill
then Trubisky, Mayfield
now Dalton
then it'll be Hill
Jackson State University? Lol

We're one quarter away from being 0-2 with both losses being two possession losses. The TB loss was BS cuz of the crappy reffing but even with the TB TD coming via horrible reffing we still only scored 10 points while the offense gave up 7 on a pick 6 so their net production for the game was 3 points.

The defense has come together wonderfully the last 5 quarters after looking rough until the fourth quarter of the ATL game so the side of the ball that needs to prove itself is obviously the offense. If JW looks the same after the next two games I think it makes perfect sense to kick the tires on Dalton.
Using the same metric you can also say we’re one terrible quarter away from being 2-0.

Crappy teams with crappy leadership that are already in the unraveling process are the teams that bench their starting QB after 2, 3, or even 4 games.

Using the same metric you can also say we’re one terrible quarter away from being 2-0.

Crappy teams with crappy leadership that are already in the unraveling process are the teams that bench their starting QB after 2, 3, or even 4 games.

Our overall output is far closer to 0-2 than 2-0. The D has been awesome since the 4th quarter of week 1 so that's 5 good quarters versus 3 bad ones. The offense has 7 bad quarters versus 1 good one. Combined, we're lookin at 10 bad quarters against 6 good ones. I'm not saying to yank JW now but definitely do so if we get to 1-3 or 1-4. If we wait until the season is in the toilet to try out Dalton, we're not gonna have any kind of realistic idea of how he'd work out with our offense since there's no way in hell the whole team is gonna be playing as hard when they know the games mean nothing as they would be when they're vying for a playoff spot.

Last edited:

I agree with your thought process but think he’s way too injured to be playing. Let him heal.

I don't have a problem with Winston personally. I think he's a good person and teammate. I was hopeful that he would be a more effective QB for this offense but I worry the line just isn't good enough for a guy who wants to hold the ball and take shots. We might need a guy more like Brees who doesn't hold the ball and delivers it quickly. Dalton has always been good at quick read and delivery. It may just become necessary. If Winston gets the time and is still making these choices he needs to get the hook. I don't want him to fail but this isn't working yet. Let's hope sunday is better.
The OL is fine. Problem is a slow release and defense recognition

1st it was Hill
then Trubisky, Mayfield
now Dalton
then it'll be Hill
That pretty much sums it up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom