Opinion Andy Dalton Era (1 Viewer)

He had 3 head coaches and 3 offensive coordinators in 5 years.

Who are the best QBs on football today? Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Herbert, Allen, etc. They all had stable franchises that allowed them to grow and be successful when they came into the league. They didn't have new coaches every other year.

You can minimize what that does to a young man in his early 20's because it fits your narrative, but that amount of change to a person trying to hit their stride is an obstacle to their progress. Dak Prescott had a lot of promise, but all of the changes in coaching staff has made him seem just average. Maybe he is and maybe Jameis is too. But I think if you take all the greats and switch things up on them every year or two then you wouldn't see the same level of success.

The great Tom Brady (sarcasm on) struggled in Arian's system until after the bye when they started doing things he was used to doing. The switch was not going well. Yet you speak as though a young man in his early 20's should be just fine, but the supposed GOAT that has seen it all was struggling to adapt.
Same page brother. I typed up nearly the same thing and then went and spoke to my wife and came back and posted it and then saw your post.
I pointed this out in another thread. Every QB who we consider to be the best in the league were not drafted to "turn a franchise around" and were drafted to situations where they could thrive or put in.

How can you use this comparison their situations were nothing similar (not directed at you but the notion):

*Mahomes: Really? Dude was drafted to a team with an Hall of Fame Coach and QB friendly system that went 12-4 the season prior and 10-6 his season as a backup, with the Chiefs having the #5 offense in yards and #6 in scoring. (Alex Smith was not the issue)
*Josh Allen was nothing to write home about until Stefon Diggs was traded there. He is the real franchise changer, if we are being real about that situation.
*Aaron Rodgers wasn't asked to turn a franchise around and sat behind Favre for 3 years.
*Tom Brady would more than likely not be who he is today if he wasn't drafted to the Patriots and Drew Bledsoe doesn't get injured. But I digress; for his first few years, he just needed to manage the game while Bill Belichick's highly rated defense went to work. I think around 2004-2005 is when the Tom Brady we know today really began to emerge

The term franchise QB is a trash term that is thrown around now to try and rank a QB but without a system, structure, and culture in place, how can one truly be a so called "franchise QB." I mean, which one of them was drafted to a team that won 17 games in 4 seasons. If we are being real, with the exception of Tom Brady, Jameis' teams did more in terms of wins his first 2 years, than any other QB listed.

*The 2017 Chiefs went 10-6. The 2018 Chiefs, even with Mahomes throwing for 50 TDs and 5k yards only won 2 more games, and went 12-4 the next season as well
*The 2017 Bills with 9-7 with Tyrod Taylor going 8-6. Josh Allen went 5-6 in 2018 and 10-6 in 2019
*The 2007 Packers went 13-3. 2008, the Packers went 6-10 and in 2009 they went 11-5
*In 2014, the Bucs went 2-14. In 2015, they went 6-10 and in 2016, they went 9-7

I'm just saying.

And you hit the nail on the head about Tom Brady. It wasn't just that he was struggling in Arian's system, Brady was running a scaled down version of the playbook that the Bucs ran in 2019. The crazy thing about people talking about Jameis' decision making is Brady was making the SAME THROWS..lol

OK fine WT hell ever, he's 5-3 as a starter....now why should we bench a guy with a winning record as a starter?

I guess as Big L said, he's lacking in that "goodwill" stat

I’m a big JW fan, always have been since he came here…that said, folks have a reason to be concerned with his recent performances (and the Saints offense in general really)….He probably shouldn’t have played last week with his injury and I’m convinced it affected his play…..that said….I completely understand folks that won’t believe it until they see it (a consistent string of games where he plays well)…..But the folks already saying he should be benched and Dalton should be the starter going forward?

Naw, those are what I call the George Steinbrenner type of fans, there would be multiple starting QB’s every year if left up to them….1-2 subpar/bad games is all it takes…..

If Winston plays this week like last week, I’d fully support a change. This team is way too talented to look so bad on offense. Last night the Browns and Steelers looked more functional on offense.
Be careful on this board for expressing your opinion.

I certainly agree. The Saints are being mindful of Jameis and his injury. We have heard, by Jsmeis playing, his injury cannot get any worse. It will not get any better either. So this game is the game he really needs to step up and get the offense clicking. Receivers have been getting open. We have heard this as well and how Jameis is NOT seeing the open guys. Combine the injury, the interceptions, lack of sustained drives and helping to keep the defense off tbe field, today’s game is it for Winston. The offense struggles and Winston underperforms. He’ll be sitting in London.

Because we don’t run 2 yard go routes….
We don’t connect on ANYTHING right now. So what is the difference? LMAO.

Saints are like a LeFerrari. All that horsepower, but a driver who cannot control all that power. Just as soon have a Yugo.

Saints are like a LeFerrari. All that horsepower, but a driver who cannot control all that power. Just as soon have a Yugo.
Do you know the difference between not connecting on deep routes, which we did...Olave fumbled as he went to the ground vs not being able to throw a deep route?

Winston is 1/1 and the only reason we won the Atlanta game. He hit on those passes and won the game. What are you talking about, changing QBs after 2 games in which we won one? What a load of crapola!!!

So Mike Thomas has three rushing touchdowns?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom