Andy Dalton (1 Viewer)

Ginger is my favorite spice ... and not Spice.

Prior to yesterday, sure........I'd have been fine with bringing Dalton in as the backup .....a guy who's started games in the NFL and has even been to the playoffs a few times.

But, that need is no longer a need.

I think he’d be a great bridge qb bt brees and TH or a rookie, but it would have required us to trade a high draft pick to get him

Given Taysom Hill's age, I don't think there can be a bridge QB to him. He is either ready when Brees retires or we move on to someone else.

Why is this even a thread?

Because the dislike that some have for Jameis is strong enough to the point that they now have to envision alternate realities where someone else was signed as the backup.

After Jameis started finding himself on the wrong end of unflattering news stories, there were only a handful of times that I ever pulled for whatever team he was QBing..........and typically that was only if I had money on the game. But when you watch a player enough times.........pulling for or against..........you start to notice some things.................and the things people say about his talent are true. Put me in the camp that believes Payton can help him turn it around.

Not really, I' prefer Winston.

No offense, but i feel if he had not signed with us and this question was asked, 95% of you would of went the other way. Js

A few days ago, ask any saints fan what they thought of winston coming to the saints majority would of been against it, including myself. Now that he signed with us majority seem to be on board with it. I apologize, I've been drinking lol. Just speaking from the heart my fellow black and gold bleeders.

As a qb.. I've seen worse. I've also seen a lot better.

As a person, hes scum to me for the uber incident and the lattimore incident. Now if hes willing to mature and change.. I'll back him up as a fan.

Last edited:
No offense, but i feel if he had not signed with us and this question was asked, 95% of you would of went the other way. Js

A few days ago, ask any saints fan what they thought of winston coming to the saints majority would of been against it, including myself. Now that he signed with us majority seem to be on board with it. I apologize, I've been drinking lol. Just speaking from the heart my fellow black and gold bleeders.

As a qb.. I've seen worse. I've seen a lot better. As a person hes scum to me for the uber incident and the lattimore incident. Now if hes willing to mature and change.. I'll back him up as a fan.
Ask me a few days and my answer wouldn't have changed. Goodnight

As a qb.. I've seen worse. I've also seen a lot better.

As a person, hes scum to me for the uber incident and the lattimore incident. Now if hes willing to mature and change.. I'll back him up as a fan.

I don't think this is true. I read through the earlier threads and it was at worse maybe 40% against and of that 40% there was reservations more than outright no to the move.

I was personally lukewarm, but if there is a tandem that an turn him around, it is SP and DB. For me it is a question of maturity as it related to leadership. He is still young, so anything can happen.

Dalton never crossed me as anything but a solid QB. Then again so was DB before he was paired with SP. Winston is younger and is more talented than Dalton. If given a choice, the choice is clear.

I feel like Dalton is a lateral move from Bridgewater. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing, of course, especially in a backup.

Winston, in my opinion, has more potential upside than Dalton.

Dalton is consistent. While there is not a lot to lose with him at QB, you're not going to get a huge reward either. That's about as Anti-Payton as a QB could get.

Dalton is consistent. While there is not a lot to lose with him at QB, you're not going to get a huge reward either. That's about as Anti-Payton as a QB could get.

This. And he'll fit perfectly in N.E.

Dalton is a 3rd tier starter that will be starting for someone hit by injury. He has a lot of starter experience and would be a perfect backup for the right salary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom