Andy Isabella Trade? (1 Viewer)

what is bothering me so far this season is what has happened to Calloway. I thought he was gonna take the next step and solidify himself as the WR2 on this team.
Deck is stacked against him. He's going against the best corner of the other team now and he doens't have several reps in a row to get used to what works and doesn't like he does against Lattimore and Winston had time to find him in preseason.

We'll know the real Callaway soon enough. We haven't played a real home game yet.

Rondale Moore is tearing things up for the cardinals at a similar size to Isabella but he is much quicker at changing directions with his 3 cone in the slot which is why he sees more playing time than Isabella.

This 77 yard TD from Moore was just today from the slot.

Isabella is nearly exclusively a boundary wr which is where he dominated in college, especially at Flank.

Yes actually.

He's quicker than he is fast even though he is a burner.

He caught about 116 passes his senior year and led the country in yards. He is great at uncovering in the short-to-intermediate passing game.

Everyone just tried to pigeonhole him as a slot guy because of his height but he's excelled mostly in his career as a true flanker like Steve Smith.

I Think that he is being used incorrectly.

1.5 seconds is about 2-3 steps. You sure?

I really think that Isabella's quickness and speed can make defenses pay underneath and over the top.

Guy led the country in 2018 and had 15 catches for 219 yards and 2 tds vs Georgia his senior year and went on to lead the Senior bowl.

I just think it's a matter of being stuck behind two flanker like Fitzgerald and Hopkins that hurts his chances in Arizona.

I remember PFF warned that he shouldn't be used exclusively as a slot because it would hurt him and unfortunately that's exactly what Arizona has done.

1.5 seconds is about 2-3 steps. You sure?
Positive.

Many of the catches he's had already in the pros have been quick-hitters.

Check out his Senior bowl clip I posted.

His problem is that He's nearly exclusively an outside guy and can't play all 3 positions well like Colston because he struggles in the slot.

PFF actually predicted this in 2019.

"No receiver graded out higher than Isabella on the outside, and no receiver averaged more yards per route run; his 5.64 yards per route run average also led the FBS, and the player in second, Missouri’s Emanuel Hall, averaged just 3.57 yards per route run. And his 143.6 passer rating when targeted at outside receiver ranked second."

"While playing more than 63% of his offensive snaps outside the hashes at wide receiver, Isabella earned an FBS-high 93.2 overall grade in 2018. Among the 234 FBS receivers with 300-plus routes run in 2018, Isabella ranked first in yards per route run and 17th in passer rating when targeted (129.3)."

Positive.

His problem is that He's nearly exclusively an outside guy and can't play all 3 positions well like Colston because he struggles in the slot.

"No receiver graded out higher than Isabella on the outside, and no receiver averaged more yards per route run; his 5.64 yards per route run average also led the FBS, and the player in second, Missouri’s Emanuel Hall, averaged just 3.57 yards per route run. And his 143.6 passer rating when targeted at outside receiver ranked second."

"While playing more than 63% of his offensive snaps outside the hashes at wide receiver, Isabella earned an FBS-high 93.2 overall grade in 2018. Among the 234 FBS receivers with 300-plus routes run in 2018, Isabella ranked first in yards per route run and 17th in passer rating when targeted (129.3)."

Stats only tell a small portion of the story though. What happens when he’s bracketed? If he doesn’t get open in less than 2 seconds, all of those stats are pointless, and we’re back to square one.

I’m all for giving him a shot. But let’s not pretend he’s gonna solve our issues.

Positive.

I will go ahead and answer this question for you: We aren't trading for Andy Isabella.

Stats only tell a small portion of the story though. What happens when he’s bracketed? If he doesn’t get open in less than 2 seconds, all of those stats are pointless, and we’re back to square one.

I’m all for giving him a shot. But let’s not pretend he’s gonna solve our issues.
I'm just saying that he might be the most talented Flanker close to being available by him being stuck at the bottom of the cardinals' roster right now.

What are the alternatives?

You never know.

Look how Darnold is turning things around in a new system in Carolina.

I will go ahead and answer this question for you: We aren't trading for Andy Isabella.
They need to do something, that's for sure.

If that means elevating Stills and White then So be it.

I was just throwing this out there because the two top flanker are out and there have been rumors swirling about Isabella.

Guy could likely be had for a 7th round pick.

The problem with Stills and White is that they aren't true possession/Flankers either, But Isabella is.

It's actually what he does best.

I do like Andy and I really don’t understand why the cardinals draft him. He had no chance to show himself.

We need solutions now. I hope Kenny Stills plays next week.
We are almost playing without receivers and tight ends.

I do like Andy and I really don’t understand why the cardinals draft him. He had no chance to show himself.

We need solutions now. I hope Kenny Stills plays next week.
We are almost playing without receivers and tight ends.
All of the healthy top guys Hogan, Calloway, and Humphrey run 4.5 or worse and unfortunately aren't as shifty as MT.

Harris isn't going to consistently be a top 3 guy despite making an occasional big play.

Like I said above though.

Even if Stills does play He's not going to be able to run the entire flanker route tree and the underneath stuff to perfection like Isabella, TQS or MT.

The problem is flanker.

There are some P.S. players they could sign to. Travis Fulgham Eagle's , David Moore Seahawks, Keke Coutee Colts , Phillip Dorsett Jags, and Isaiah Ford Dolphins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom