N/S Andy Reid's bad coaching put his Q.B in harm's way. (1 Viewer)

What? No. Andy Reid is one of the best, most creative coaches we've seen in the modern era of the NFL. Sure, he has some weaknesses, but so does every coach.

The Jeff Fisher comment was mostly just a jab at Andy’s inability to get over the hump. Not a direct comparison to coaching styles. I think Reid is a fine coach and his team’s are usually competitive but I do think his coaching decisions routinely cost his team wins and his clock management issues are pretty legendary.

Andy Reid is, and has been, an outstanding coach. Period. His record, and the circumstances under which he achieved it, are unassailable, imo. He has his weaknesses, at least from a fan's perspective, but spare me the hyperbole. Overrated? In Haiti.
If Sean Payton disappeared off the face of the earth (perhaps ascending skyward. Anyway....) tomorrow, I would chose Reid to coach the Saints. His decisions regarding his QB were conventional and sensible. That injury could occur on any play. He can't manage a clock, but he can manage a QB.

No respect... Andy Reid got the long game in mind...

You can't hit up all the Superbowl buffet specials if you gotta work.

The NFL playing checkers while he's playing tic tac toe on the Dennys kids menu.

QB sneaks are not usually dangerous plays. I don't see a problem with Reid using it in that situation. But like the great philosopher once said, hindsight is 50/50.

Andy Reid is, and has been, an outstanding coach. Period. His record, and the circumstances under which he achieved it, are unassailable, imo. He has his weaknesses, at least from a fan's perspective, but spare me the hyperbole. Overrated? In Haiti.
If Sean Payton disappeared off the face of the earth (perhaps ascending skyward. Anyway....) tomorrow, I would chose Reid to coach the Saints. His decisions regarding his QB were conventional and sensible. That injury could occur on any play. He can't manage a clock, but he can manage a QB.
The guy chose to punt the ball with less than 2 minutes left in a playoff game. He knew his team had ZERO chance of stopping Deuce that night and it was game over if he punted.

I would hate to see him coach the Saints.

I think its kind of dumb to run QB sneaks with your franchise QB.

I take it you haven't watched many Patriots (or Saints, for that matter) games over the last decade.

Edit: and no.....Brees doesn't only "mostly do the jump sneak at the goal line" thing, as I saw mentioned. He's done plenty of both.

If one wants to criticize Reid for calling the play while his QB already has an ankle issue, then that's one thing........but just the call itself was not outside of the football norm.

Context is king... Mahomes was banged up and there was concern on him already... running a QB sneak with him last night in that situation was dumb.

People are missing the point of this. QB sneak in general is fine, but when your starting QB is already dealing with an issue or two it’s not smart to send him into a dog pile.

I'm confused as to why people are calling this stupid? Brees, Brady, Rodgers you name it run a lot of QB sneaks every year. If Mahomes pops back up nobody even mentions "man he could have got injured on that QB sneak". Honestly I have never even really heard people say they hate that play. This had absolutely nothing to do with the ankle and Mahomes looked completely fine in warm ups. Just terrible luck (or good luck if you want to look at it that way).

Context is king... Mahomes was banged up and there was concern on him already... running a QB sneak with him last night in that situation was dumb.

People are missing the point of this. QB sneak in general is fine, but when your starting QB is already dealing with an issue or two it’s not smart to send him into a dog pile.

Was the ankle still really bothering him though? He looked totally fine.

Was the ankle still really bothering him though? He looked totally fine.

Seemed like he was better. I thought I heard they really taped him up... I mean would you want to go full throttle on a guy who’s been nursing an injury? I guess many here would...

Glad they’re not running the offense when Drew gets back. Y’all want to see him rush into a dog pile in his first game back?

Think about it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom