Ann Coulter news... (1 Viewer)

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. Conservative columnist Ann Coulter has refused to cooperate in an investigation into whether she voted in the wrong precinct, so the case will probably be turned over to prosecutors, Palm Beach County's elections chief said Wednesday.

Knowingly voting in the wrong precinct is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Elections Supervisor Arthur Anderson said his office has been looking into the matter for nearly nine months, and he would turn over the case to the state attorney's office by Friday.

Anderson added that Coulter, since the allegations surfaced, made "efforts to distract and divert focus on the process regarding this complaint. ... I did express my frustration to the state attorney in a recent meeting and warned him I may need his services," according to an article in the Palm Beach Post.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003346999

Looks like famous conservatives should start moving away from West Palm Beach. They keep getting into trouble.

I can't stand this looney but I seriously doubt it would be getting this kind of attention if she wasn't who she was.

How do you vote in the wrong precinct. It isn't difficult to figure out, plus if you aren't on the roll for that precinct, they shouldn't let you vote.

While I agree that she is a lightning rod and should expect some scrutiny, I am also concerned that this is an investigation that is taking place not so much because of the wrong she might have done, but rather for her political beliefs. Personally, I don't like her, but I do not believe she should be investigated merely because she is vocal in her beliefs. If they are investigating others in connection with this, let the investigation continue. If they are blowing off similar violations by others because it isn't a big deal, then they should blow this off, too.

Last edited:
When I go to vote, they ask me who I am and I show my voter card or ID, and they see if I am on the list to vote there. I vote and they cross my name off the list. What do they do in Florida? Just have open booths and anyone can vote as many times as they want? Are they also trying to go after the people running that polling station?

How do you vote in the wrong precinct?

When I vote I produce a government issued, photo ID to two people who both verify the picture looks like me and the name on the ID matches the name in the roll book. I then sign my name and am allowed to make my vote. Were I to walk to the wrong table (or wrong voting location) my name would not appear on th eroll book and I would not be allowed to vote.

What does Florida do that makes this process so hard? Are you telling me that Louisiana gets this right and Ohio, Florida, etc. can't figure out such a simple process?

Remember this is Florida we're talking about here.

Actually as much as I hate Ann Coulter, she isn't stupid. If she is not cooperating, it means she knows she is innocent and wants those people who are targeting her to get more notoriety so she can come back and savage them for being liberal imbecilic commies, just typical trash-mongering of the Left.

Actually as much as I hate Ann Coulter, she isn't stupid. If she is not cooperating, it means she knows she is innocent and wants those people who are targeting her to get more notoriety so she can come back and savage them for being liberal imbecilic commies, just typical trash-mongering of the Left.

You're probably right. She probably has something showing that she voted in the correct precinct and is just waiting for them to file charges against her. Then she can cry "Martyr!"

How do you vote in the wrong precinct?

I wondered the same as you and Sandman. Perhaps it involves some problem with her listed address prior to the election? She voted in the precinct that corresponded to the address but there is some issue with her residency? The article makes mention of an address issue but I can't tell if that is for after-the-fact clarification or if she is being asked to verify the legitimacy of the address prior to voting.

I know that in DC, if you show up to vote and you're not on the list but claim that you should be, you can vote via proxy ballot and then they check it to see if it's correct. maybe that's what she did. either way, she's a nutbucket.

or she is taking the lead of some rep. and not taking responisbility for her mistakes - i dont see her as the tyoe to say she was wrong

or she is taking the lead of some rep. and not taking responisbility for her mistakes - i dont see her as the tyoe to say she was wrong

Or maybe she is just doing what every citizen has the right to do and keeping silent when she is being accused of a crime? The burden of proof is on the prosecution. (Even if they are prosecuting someone you don't like.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom