Announcers for the game (1 Viewer)

wope

TWO DAT!
Reaction score
Anyone know for sure if we are "lucky" enough to have Troy Aikman and Joe Buck? I assume so since it's considered primetime and they aren't listed as calling any Sunday games.

Anyone know for sure if we are "lucky" enough to have Troy Aikman and Joe Buck? I assume so since it's considered primetime and they aren't listed as calling any Sunday games.

Being the A-Team for FOX, Buck/Aikman always call the FOX Thanksgiving game.

Being the Thanksgiving Day game, in Cowboys Stadium, in Dallas Texas, I fully expect the game to be repeatedly interrupted by a continuous parade of former Cowboy players visiting the booth. I fully expect to miss several live plays while they replay highlights from the Cowboys' glory years as well. :rolleyes:

I like Aikman, not so sure about Buck.

I liked the crew that worked the last (SEA) game. Someone and Billick.

Thom Brenneman worked the Saints-Seahawks game as the play-by-play. Veteran announcer...son of legendary Reds radio guy Marty Brenneman. I first remember seeing him on Cubs broadcasts way back in the Harry Carey days. He would sit in when Carey was out and he'd call the middle 3 innings when Harry would go to radio. He also was Fox's #1 play-by-play man for the BCS games.

Brian Billick is definately one of the better analysts that Fox has. Knowledgeable, fair, enthusiastic about the little things but not annoying.

Clips of Jason Garrett in a Saints uniform? Do any exist? Shots of Jerry Jones in the owner's suite. Sean Payton to Dallas rumors. Former Cowboy players support Jerry and think Garrett is a whiz. Clips of Payton when he was a Cowboy assistant. More Sean Payton to Dallas rumors. Atlanta is team to beat in NFC South. Sean Payton and Jerry Jones on the split/screen. Greg Williams to Dallas rumors.

Just show the game ... but instead, be prepared for all of the above.

Clips of Jason Garrett in a Saints uniform? Do any exist? Shots of Jerry Jones in the owner's suite. Sean Payton to Dallas rumors. Former Cowboy players support Jerry and think Garrett is a whiz. Clips of Payton when he was a Cowboy assistant. More Sean Payton to Dallas rumors. Atlanta is team to beat in NFC South. Sean Payton and Jerry Jones on the split/screen. Greg Williams to Dallas rumors.

Just show the game ... but instead, be prepared for all of the above.

Yeah, that pretty much nails it, man. You left out shots of the guys in the booth when Emmitt Smith drops in to say hi and they talk about him as the play rolls on in the background.

Being the Thanksgiving Day game, in Cowboys Stadium, in Dallas Texas, I fully expect the game to be repeatedly interrupted by a continuous parade of former Cowboy players visiting the booth. I fully expect to miss several live plays while they replay highlights from the Cowboys' glory years as well. :rolleyes:

I agree 100% that the media will take a historical stand-point and also talk about the "big 3" or the "Doomsday Defense"... Vomit* Esp. considering that the Cowboys have no chance at the playoffs.

(On the flipside I'd LOVE to see some Dome Patrol footage.)
I do not find Aikman to be much entertainment; so hopefully the Saints provide the fireworks on Thanksgiving.

Hopefully all these shenanigans happen while the Saints are ahead by a large margin then perhaps all the Cowboys hoopla will be over-ridden by the Saints' display of football prowess. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom