Announcers for the game (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Did anyone else get a Pro-Hawks vibe from them? While they weren't wearing Lynch or Wilson jersey's they were certainly banging the drum for Seattle more so than for us.

Reminder for next time to turn down the tv and turn up the radio.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, they weren't Seattle announcers? I assumed they were.

Not really, but they were quite one-sided.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The one guy was annoying me because he acted like he was a Superbowl winning coach with all the advice he kept dispensing to both teams.

Reaction score
You mean the guys that talked about Russel Wilson's injury every 2 minutes.

And did they mention the devastating injuries to our defense? crickets
They did keep mentioning how tired the Seahawks defense was after the tie last week, I do attribute some of their loss to that but with the defensive injuries to the Saints D that totally gets negated.

Prodigy

Infamous Saint.
Reaction score
boo hoo hoo. they cried everytime they didnt call a penalty on us. i sensed bias with their announcing.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I don't think they were pro-Seattle as much as they were anti-saints. They were really bagging on us hard every chance they got.

SaintPancake

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Funny you should say that. A lot of the criticism they were giving the Saints were the same things I have been hearing on SR all season. So maybe they are actually Saints fans but hate our team, just like a large number of the people here.

WxM

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I especially enjoyed the "clearly that was pass interference because it was a yard and a half past the LOS instead of a yard." From Pereira. As if that's so cut and dry that it's indisputable.

OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
It seemed every call (that always screws us) against the Hawks, the announcers would justify how the Hawks were in the right. I mean, I guess we as fans yell those same things, but I can't recall a time when announcers fought for us like they were for the Hawks tonight.

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I started a thread about 'em last time they called the game. Lynch is terrible. His cohort isn't any better. Unfortunately, you get bad crews when you don't have a marquee game.

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I especially enjoyed the "clearly that was pass interference because it was a yard and a half past the LOS instead of a yard." From Pereira. As if that's so cut and dry that it's indisputable.
Oh yeah..he even said the TD one should have been a flag. As the rule states u can block within 1 yard..and we were within 1 yard of the goalline there.

As for the announcers. Charles Davis is good, he's fair in his calling. Chris Speilman was terrible and that other guy I had never heard of..he was awful.

saintlad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Did anyone else get a Pro-Hawks vibe from them? While they weren't wearing Lynch or Wilson jersey's they were certainly banging the drum for Seattle more so than for us.

Reminder for next time to turn down the tv and turn up the radio.
About 6 people at the bar were talking about it. Towards the middle of the 3rd quarter , we made a sort of drinking game out of it. Ex. ". How many times they talk about the effects of Wilson's injury. Or Spielman thinking penalty should have happened against Saints, we take a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom