Announcers for the game (1 Viewer)

Did anyone else get a Pro-Hawks vibe from them? While they weren't wearing Lynch or Wilson jersey's they were certainly banging the drum for Seattle more so than for us.

Reminder for next time to turn down the tv and turn up the radio.

About 6 people at the bar were talking about it. Towards the middle of the 3rd quarter , we made a sort of drinking game out of it. Ex. ". How many times they talk about the effects of Wilson's injury. Or Spielman thinking penalty should have happened against Saints, we take a shot.

About 6 people at the bar were talking about it. Towards the middle of the 3rd quarter , we made a sort of drinking game out of it. Ex. ". How many times they talk about the effects of Wilson's injury. Or Spielman thinking penalty should have happened against Saints, we take a shot.

Did anyone die from alcohol poisoning?

Did anyone else get a Pro-Hawks vibe from them? While they weren't wearing Lynch or Wilson jersey's they were certainly banging the drum for Seattle more so than for us.

Reminder for next time to turn down the tv and turn up the radio.

Yep but I got a pro Saints vibe from the officials. A trade off I'll take every time.

They also acted like Ken Crawley was burnt toast...without any knowledge of what his assignments were on any given play.

What did they really say that was bias?

Mentioned how trust was lost in Ingram, and that Hightower should be the main back the rest of the game. - Absolutely correct after that careless fumble that gave Seattle 7.

Pointed out Big mental mistakes by Lewis letting a punt go that should have been fair caught, pinning us deep in our territory only to get bailed out by a penalty. And Brandon Coleman being a 6'2, 220 lb receiver catching a ball at the 3 yard line and falling down uncontested. That's 2 young players not playing Situationally aware football, and absolutely mental errors that are the difference, between winning and losing so many close games like we've already had this season.

Pointed out how we didn't have an Impact Edge Defender who could consistently make the sideline plays, Something we talk about frequently here on SR.. Seattle was attacking us on the Edge and we were letting Michael leek out for too many easy yards until Cam Jordan started to step up and make some plays.

Seems just like the weekly SR complain about the broadcasting crew thread.. don't think there's a crew out there who this board believes does a good job in calling a game.

I thought they were adequate. At one point in what I believe was the 2nd quarter, Spielman made the point about Hightower getting good 1st down yardage helping to set up 2nd and 2 and 2nd and 3 situations, which would better open up opportunities to take shots with deep passes, and the next play was a long pass from Brees to Cooks, which unfortunately was incomplete. It wasn't exactly an earth-shattering revelation from Spielman, but it was correct nonetheless, and I can think of so many other color commentators (Phil Simms, in particular) who would rather point out something of a smaller and rather irrelevant nature and try to pass it off as "insightful." I also couldn't disagree with Charles Davis's take on the defensive holding called on Sherman in the closing minutes, which if memory serves was that it seemed a bit ticky tack, but it ultimately was the correct call according to the rule book, so best for Sherman to just shut up about it and move on.

So long at it's not Chris Myers, ever ("Hey, an onside kick! That's just like that thing the Saints did in the Super Bowl!"), I tend not to take too much issue with the commentators.

No, we gave up after 3 shots. Didn't want to risk it. LoL

You played it like a vet to the game. Way to be stopping short.:plus-un2:

No these guys were favoring the Hawks by and large as explained previously. On plays where we usually get flags announcers are quiet, in this case the Hawks got those flags and the announcers were screaming ticky tack foul. On the Kuhn reception where Sherman tackled them, they wet their pants praising Sherman and his tackle, never mind the fact that Kuhn dished out a bigger blow to Sherman when he realized he would be tackled. There were a number of similar plays where the announcers were all hanging on the Hawks junk, like they were getting a lift to happy town.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom