Annual SR fundraiser!!!! (1 Viewer)

A heartfelt thanks to everyone that has, or will contribute. Server costs alone are expected to be appx. 10K this year (a bit less than last year actually) and we are about a 3rd of the way to that goal.

A special thanks to those select few members that pay the recurring subscriptions on a monthly basis. Those monthly contributions however small do add up and are very much appreciated.

If interested in making a one-time contribution go here.

If interested in setting up recurring donations, click here.

Thank you!
Andrus

Glad to help, the site is a huge service for all us die-hards.

Just curious, how has the Google ads been working for you? Been getting any substantial revenue from that?

Glad to help, the site is a huge service for all us die-hards.

Just curious, how has the Google ads been working for you? Been getting any substantial revenue from that?

Furor... Thanks! The Google ad's do fairly well. Can't complain, though I thought that it would be a lot more. But they discount forums by a little more than 50%, and we have double the impressions in the forums than we do the news page. Click throughs make a difference, but we don't get very many... and I am not allowed to encourage doing so. The ads don't seem to be much of a nuisance to the members, and I don't have to hassle with them, so definitely worth serving.

Here is what they show for February.

<TABLE id=summarytable cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=thead><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" noWrap>Page impressions </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" noWrap>Clicks </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" noWrap>Page CTR </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" noWrap>Page eCPM [?]</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" noWrap>Earnings </TD></TR><TR><TD class=productcell>AdSense for Content </TD><TD class="" style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" vAlign=top noWrap>2,266,753</TD><TD class="" style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" vAlign=top noWrap>509</TD><TD class="" style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" vAlign=top noWrap>0.02%</TD><TD class="" style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" vAlign=top noWrap>$0.12 </TD><TD class="" style="TEXT-ALIGN: right" vAlign=top noWrap>$261.04</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Click throughs make a difference, but we don't get very many... and I am not allowed to encourage doing so. The ads don't seem to be much of a nuisance to the members, and I don't have to hassle with them, so definitely worth serving.

Well, you're not allowed to encourage clicking on the ads-- but I am! :9: ... Everybody start clicking on the ads every now and then to help with the costs of running the site. I plan to start ASAP.

Well, you're not allowed to encourage clicking on the ads-- but I am! :9: ... Everybody start clicking on the ads every now and then to help with the costs of running the site. I plan to start ASAP.

:tapedshut:

Bump.

I see a lot of new faces that came on board since the last SR fundraiser. This is a great site and it relies on our contributions. Get on PayPal and throw a little coinage Andrus' way. You know, for the effort.

if you value this site, throw a couple of bucks in the pot...

Bump... I just sent in some through paypal.

Guys,
So according to the message, Andrus wants to raise at least the yearly server costs.
By my math, thats almost $12,000. So far we are almost at $5,000. From years past, do the numbers pick up in the stretch run, or do we need to host a pay per eat crawfish boil in Lafayette, BR, and NOLA to raise some cash?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom