Annual SR fundraiser!!!! (1 Viewer)

Back in December there was a lot of griping on the board from what appeared to be newer people so I posted about contributing to the site. I then went and sent in a small donation. I will go and make another. I am unable to give much, but I know the power of many people giving small amounts when they can.

Sorry, but wouldn't it make more sense if this fundraiser was during the season, or just before it when more people are visiting the site and more fired up about the Saints?

Not trying to be a drag or anything, just opening the door for debate.

(I will be donating regardless of what time of year it is and I love you SR)

Sorry, but wouldn't it make more sense if this fundraiser was during the season, or just before it when more people are visiting the site and more fired up about the Saints?

Another way to look at it is that the Free Agency period and right before/during the draft are times when everybody is logging in to see what new players will be donning the black n' gold. This period of time is actually very very important because moves made now will shape the year to come.:9:

Guys,
So according to the message, Andrus wants to raise at least the yearly server costs.
By my math, thats almost $12,000. So far we are almost at $5,000. From years past, do the numbers pick up in the stretch run, or do we need to host a pay per eat crawfish boil in Lafayette, BR, and NOLA to raise some cash?

I was actually thinking of auctioning off a few things, like for example, I have 4 of DBrooks55's "original" drawings (not the prints) that I purchased from him for $125 ea. They are the drawings of Deuce, Brees, Colston and Bush.

That is a reasonable point. If we don't get close to our goal, I may run another fundraiser in July or August rather than to drag this one out too long.

To those that have contributed or intend to, I really do appreciate the support very much. I really couldn't do this without you. Thank you all!

Andrus

There's a lot going on during the season, so Andrus & Co. have been doing the fundraiser in the off-season. It has worked successfully (to my knowledge) to date!

BTW, I just sent you a check via snail mail Big A.

I was actually thinking of auctioning off a few things, like for example, I have 4 of DBrooks55's "original" drawings (not the prints) that I purchased from him for $125 ea. They are the drawings of Deuce, Brees, Colston and Bush.

Thats a good idea, hell, you dont have to auction them, just tell me how much you want for them.

That is a reasonable point. If we don't get close to our goal, I may run another fundraiser in July or August rather than to drag this one out too long.

To those that have contributed or intend to, I really do appreciate the support very much. I really couldn't do this without you. Thank you all!

Andrus

I actually visit the site much more during the offseason and draft than I do during the season. I think its beacuase I prefer to get the free agency and draft scoop more than everybody's opinion as to what is wrong with us during the year.

Thats a good idea, hell, you dont have to auction them, just tell me how much you want for them.

LOL! Exactly why I think that I should auction the items. There may be more members out there like you. :D

I actually visit the site much more during the offseason and draft than I do during the season. I think its beacuase I prefer to get the free agency and draft scoop more than everybody's opinion as to what is wrong with us during the year.

Yeah! I am not a fan of the Debbie Downer types that seem to always focus on the negatives or like to seek out parades to rain on. They call themselves "realists". I call them acquaintances, because no one that gives off that much negative energy remains a friend of mine for very long. I've got my own problems. :)

Realistically, people who are using SR right now are mostly hardcore fans that will check the site year round. I'm fairly sure there is a large increase in traffic during the season, with many new visitors who may fall in love with SR. Wouldn't it be better if we got contributions from those folks also?

Again, not trying to stir up trouble, just wondering if it could be more effective.

OK,

I'm down for a donation.

I joined in Sept (Aug?) a couple years ago and donated shortly after, that month.

Last year I donated near that same time of year.

This year, fundraiser time is just fine.

I used paypal.

ddd

LOL! Exactly why I think that I should auction the items. There may be more members out there like you. :D

Yeah! I am not a fan of the Debbie Downer types that seem to always focus on the negatives or like to seek out parades to rain on. They call themselves "realists". I call them acquaintances, because no one that gives off that much negative energy remains a friend of mine for very long. I've got my own problems. :)

So, uhm, when should I expect those originals to hit the marketplace?

So, uhm, when should I expect those originals to hit the marketplace?

Soon! Have to try to take some photos of them and figure out how I am going to format the auction/s.

signed up my 10 dollar a month subscription. Well worth it if you ask me.

Here is my rule for everybody to consider. If your web browser home page is saintsreport or the super forum then you need to donate. lol. I know i'm on the site atleast 50 times a day because my homepage is the super forum. I wouldn't have it any other way.

also there should be a set up that charges a dollar for anybody who starts a thread that is on a topic that already has a thread on the first page of the super forum. lol

eric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom