Anonymous Niners Player Believe Game Was Fixed (1 Viewer)

There were a bunch of ticky tack calls that went against the 49ers. The big one I'm thinking of was a questionable roughing the kicker, where the defender was blocked into the punter, but even if the 49ers got every call, they weren't coming back from 21-7 even if Johnson didn't get hurt. It was over at halftime.

Wasn't there was a ticky tack call with the 9ners CB holding an Eagles WR on 4th down that resulted to a first.

This is why they were laughing.
11a25-16750394932031-1920.jpg

Ummm, no bounty….the Niners losing that game had far more to do with Kyle Shanahan’s terrible gameplan than the NFL rigging the game. A week ago I was convinced that Shanahan was a genius…..now I’m wondering if he takes a short bus to games. The Eagles pass rush was fierce and was getting pressure early. Instead of keeping a back, FB, or TE in blocking to help slow down the pass rush he kept sending every skill player on routes. Eventually that led to Purdy being injured. To add insult to injury (literally) he kept doing the same thing with Niners third string QB and got him hurt too. Shanahan made zero half times adjustments and eventually was forced into a dimensional running game because he got his QBs killed. Very dumb coaching…..

Is bounty the right word, though? The quote doesn't suggest that the player believes the NFL wanted Purdy hurt.

Bounty is not the right word, in any context here.

Michael Silver is a San Francisco Chronicle sports writer who filed his long story for this morning's paper.

In the article, the Niners players - after Purdy was injured - were frustrated with the officiating.

Here are the graphs from the article:

The Eagles responded with a 14-play, 75-yard touchdown drive facilitated by three defensive penalties that negated potential stops. Suffice it to say, the Niners weren’t thrilled with the officiating.

“It felt like once Purdy got hurt, someone at the league called down and said, ‘Make sure the Eagles get to the Super Bowl, and not them,’” one Niners player told me. I’m withholding his name because he would prefer to keep his money, rather than paying a fine to the NFL.

That may be a bit over the top, but let’s just say he wasn’t the only frustrated person in that locker room.

So, next thing you know the, the junk clickbait twitter media twists his words, and then OP adds a totally misleading thread title and here we are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom