Another Angry Black Preacher (1 Viewer)

Also, I retract my statement about King. It was blanket and I do look at him as an American hero.

I dont, however, retract my point that what he said was stupid.

Also, I retract my statement about King. It was blanket and I do look at him as an American hero.

I dont, however, retract my point that it was a stupid statement and a lie.

We're all guilty of an occassional stupid statement, but I hope that people could look beyond that.

Yes, I fully understand his anger at the time. I would edit my comment but its cool, I made it and I apologized for it, it can stand.

You must be joking. Do you have any idea the atrocities committed by the Japanese Imperial Army? The Khmer Rouge? You do a little research.

i do, and i was not joking, so i quess you need to do a little more research, when you do said research be sure to count the 100's of millions of native americans and blacks that mainstream history books gloss-over or leave out of their count of "crimes" done against humanity, not to mention all the cloak and dagger stuff the usa has been involved in behind the scenes of some wars or conficts all over the world, and especially in the 50's,60's and 70's..

Last edited:
i do, and i was not joking, so i quess you need to do a little more research, when you do said research be sure to count the 100's of millions of native americans and blacks that mainstream history books gloss-over or leave out of their count of "crimes" done against humanity

100's of millions? Try again. And this was couched in terms of war crimes. If you want to include crimes against humanity, America isn't even on the radar.

Our nation should look harder at a policy of not trying to force other peoples and nations to live our way or face war or economic sanctions. Our nation was formed because of wanting to live free. How can we now demand others to do the opposite? How can we be suprised when they want to fight back? Now, with that being said, if a nation becomes a genuine threat to our freedoms and all diplomatic avenues fail, then I have no problem with blowing them off the map.

Fair enough, FWIW I don't believe what he said was true either. It just bothered me the way you voiced your opposition. Cheers!

I'm going to clean the thread up a tad.

100's of millions? Try again. And this was couched in terms of war crimes. If you want to include crimes against humanity, America isn't even on the radar.

see that's what i mean...wipping out the native american may not be catergorized as a "war" ,but i bet if you asked the native american, i bet at that time they felt they where at war....you see it's called cherry picking.

I've given six patients terminal disease diagnoses today and will get a skiiny venti cafe mocha with a peppermint shot, no whip. We shall remain focused and respectful of our differences. That's the mantra around here.

So a few stupid, inflammatory statements doesn't mean you hate America? That your association with a candidate for the US Presidency doesn't mean that he hates America as well?

(Obviously you're not insinuating that, but others have.)

I think as a country we have a problem with feeling that angry criticism of the US is taboo, and makes you unpatriotic. Why can't we respond to drastic injustice with drastic words of condemnation?? Exaggeration is a perfectly reasonable oratory tool. We are strong enough as a country that even the harshest criticism is no big deal, cuz we know even with all our faults we're still the best country on earth. "Thou doth protest too much...."

Here's an exercise I think can improve our mental stability:
Every now and then, when noone else is home, close the curtains, turn out the lights, lock the doors and shut yourself into a dark closet. Spend a few minutes dwelling on some of the grievous sins our country has committed.
Next, at the top of your lungs yell "GOD D*** AMERICA!!" several times.
Now, step outside the house and take in a few breaths of the sweet air of freedom. Say the pledge of allegience. Sing a few bars of God Bless America.
Lightning won't strike you, no-one will come revoke your citizenship. You will be better balanced, and less likely to revert to "homerism" mode when you hear others criticizing your country.

If MLK were saying those things today, he'd totally lose credibility as well. The point is that although there still exists racism, it is miniscule in comparison to what it was in the 60s. It's a different world, and it isn't constructive to continue to linger in the inequalities of the past. Remember it, but acknowledge the good changes that have occurred, and continue to work to continue to improve. I believe that if King were alive today, he wouldn't be giving speeches like Wright's. There is no way to know for sure, but perhaps King's wife is a good barometer. Has anyone heard her giving any such speeches within the last 10 years?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom