Another bad school assignment (1 Viewer)

OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Teachers should treat assignments on slavery like toothpaste

when they think it up they need to first show it to five black people and 4 out of 5 have to agree that it’s okay

Last edited:

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
As a teacher I either need more drugs or less alcohol to understand what the heck is going on with some of these people
fork that. teachers are seriously underappreciated. i know there is a surge of agreement that hits social media on occasion. sadly, that is about it. i beat up a 7th grader when i was a senior (possibly a 6th grader or 8th, this was 1996!). it is not beneath me to beat a kid touching my boobs. male boobs are boobs too. doubt i would make it a day. fo'real.

OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just wow, I suppose the teacher thought he was being funny
===================
A high school teacher in Virginia has resigned after he referenced the death of George Floyd in a chemistry quiz, the school said.

Students at H-B Woodlawn Secondary Program in Arlington were asked to fill in the missing chemical element in a sentence describing Floyd's death as part of an assignment in November last year, The Washington Post reported.

"George Floyd couldn't breathe because a police officer put his ____ George's neck," the question said. The answer was "neon."

The teacher was "relieved of teaching duties pending an investigation" after students complained about the question, the newspaper reported.

This week, the school confirmed that the teacher had decided to resign.............

Teacher Quits Over Use of George Floyd's Name in Chemistry Quiz (msn.com)

Same incident different article. I'm sure he thought this was much improved
=================================================
...........When she confronted him about the question, Sofia said, the teacher at first replied by arguing that the Floyd reference was something that everybody would understand.

When Sofia persisted in arguing that the question was wrong, the teacher thanked her for good constructive criticism and agreed to change the wording, she said. But Sofia, feeling uncomfortable, left the Zoom session before she saw his edits.

Later, he changed the question to read, “Athletes protesting for Black Lives Matter & Racial Justice put a ____ the ground at the beginning of a game,” according to a screenshot obtained by The Washington Post.

Sofia and a friend — 15-year-old Riana Aquino-Richards, who is half-Filipino and half-White — sent emails about the incident to Woodlawn’s principal and vice principal.

“I found this the most offensive as POC, in a school where the POC population is an iota,” Sofia wrote in her message. “The oppression my family has had to endure should not be a punchline.”.................

Virginia teacher uses George Floyd killing as quiz question - The Washington Post

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
===================
A high school teacher in Virginia has resigned after he referenced the death of George Floyd in a chemistry quiz, the school said.

Students at H-B Woodlawn Secondary Program in Arlington were asked to fill in the missing chemical element in a sentence describing Floyd's death as part of an assignment in November last year, The Washington Post reported.

"George Floyd couldn't breathe because a police officer put his ____ George's neck," the question said. The answer was "neon."

The teacher was "relieved of teaching duties pending an investigation" after students complained about the question, the newspaper reported.

This week, the school confirmed that the teacher had decided to resign.............

...........When she confronted him about the question, Sofia said, the teacher at first replied by arguing that the Floyd reference was something that everybody would understand.

When Sofia persisted in arguing that the question was wrong, the teacher thanked her for good constructive criticism and agreed to change the wording, she said. But Sofia, feeling uncomfortable, left the Zoom session before she saw his edits.

Later, he changed the question to read, “Athletes protesting for Black Lives Matter & Racial Justice put a ____ the ground at the beginning of a game,” according to a screenshot obtained by The Washington Post.

Sofia and a friend — 15-year-old Riana Aquino-Richards, who is half-Filipino and half-White — sent emails about the incident to Woodlawn’s principal and vice principal.
“I found this the most offensive as POC, in a school where the POC population is an iota,” Sofia wrote in her message. “The oppression my family has had to endure should not be a punchline.”.................

Virginia teacher uses George Floyd killing as quiz question - The Washington Post

Smh, he went from one questionable quiz question to another. There are a lot of better ways to include neon as part of a chemistry quiz question.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
As much as I hate it, I think I'm starting to understand why our district doesn't let us deviate from the state guidebooks. Too many morons in this profession.

===================

The obvious very bad decisions by the idiot teacher here aside for a moment, what kind of bullshirt chemistry quiz is this? How does trying to figure out this fool's terrible puns teach you about chemistry?

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As much as I hate it, I think I'm starting to understand why our district doesn't let us deviate from the state guidebooks. Too many morons in this profession.

The obvious very bad decisions by the idiot teacher here aside for a moment, what kind of bullshirt chemistry quiz is this? How does trying to figure out this fool's terrible puns teach you about chemistry?

Yeah, I mean, how does one confuse "knee on" with a chemistry term? It's a weird way to quiz students in a chemistry class.

OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Smh, he went from one questionable quiz question to another. There are a lot of better ways to include neon as part of a chemistry quiz question.

Deion Sanders' two nicknames were Prime Time and ______ Deion

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Deion Sanders' two nicknames were Prime Time and ______ Deion

Well, considering he last played in 2005, most kids wouldn't know who he is. Lol.

And yeah, I know he's a commentator now, but not many kids actually watch much football let alone pre-game, post-game talk shows these days.

OP
Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Teachers should treat assignments on slavery like toothpaste

when they think it up they need to first show it to five black people and 4 out of 5 have to agree that it’s okay

A mother has blasted a Washington middle school after her 14-year-old twin daughters, who are black, were made to clean freshly picked cotton during a history lesson.

Emzayia and Zyeshauwne Feazell, 14, said that they were the only black students who had to participate in a cotton picking lesson plan at Sacajawea Middle School in Spokane.

The girls told ABC News that on May 3 their social studies teacher pulled out a box of raw cotton and told the class they were going to do a 'fun' activity.

The teacher then instructed students to clean freshly picked cotton as part of a classroom assignment to see who could do so the fastest.

The sisters, who were the only black students in the class, said the lesson made them feel uncomfortable.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom