Another bad weekend for college football (1 Viewer)

st dude

The dotless one
Super Moderator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I do not know what it is this year, but this is the second weekend where there is little in the way of good college games to watch. This is particularly so for SEC fans like me where the only game involving a ranked team that might be remotely interesting is Miss State at Auburn. I expect Auburn to win handily, but State is catching them at about the best time they can. It would be natural for Auburn to be looking ahead to games with LSU, Alabama and Georgia after their big win over A&M.

On the national front you have Va and Notre Dame and Ohio State at Nebraska. That’s about it. I might watch the first quarters of Alabama and Ole Miss and Texas A&M and Arkansas. The sanctions set Ole Miss way back. Arkansas has no great excuse for being so bad this year.

Thank goodness for the NFL this week where you have some fun matchups, Cowboys at Saints being one of them. It’s just not a great weekend for college football. I think the relative demise of Tennessee, South Carolina, Miss State and Ole Miss has hurt the SEC. There are a lot better games out there when these teams are ranked. One or more of these four will upset someone along the way.

The sec definitely ha
I do not know what it is this year, but this is the second weekend where there is little in the way of good college games to watch. This is particularly so for SEC fans like me where the only game involving a ranked team that might be remotely interesting is Miss State at Auburn. I expect Auburn to win handily, but State is catching them at about the best time they can. It would be natural for Auburn to be looking ahead to games with LSU, Alabama and Georgia after their big win over A&M.

On the national front you have Va and Notre Dame and Ohio State at Nebraska. That’s about it. I might watch the first quarters of Alabama and Ole Miss and Texas A&M and Arkansas. The sanctions set Ole Miss way back. Arkansas has no great excuse for being so bad this year.

Thank goodness for the NFL this week where you have some fun matchups, Cowboys at Saints being one of them. It’s just not a great weekend for college football. I think the relative demise of Tennessee, South Carolina, Miss State and Ole Miss has hurt the SEC. There are a lot better games out there when these teams are ranked. One or more of these four will upset someone along the way.
It's been pretty bad.

Watching the Clemson v NC game is pretty good. Bama blowing out Ole Miss but started a bit slow.

Interesting to note that the SEC has some power right now. Bama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida all undefeated and top ten teams.

Not much to get excited about right now but the pressure is mounting for the matchups to come.

The sec definitely ha

It's been pretty bad.

Watching the Clemson v NC game is pretty good. Bama blowing out Ole Miss but started a bit slow.

Interesting to note that the SEC has some power right now. Bama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida all undefeated and top ten teams.

Not much to get excited about right now but the pressure is mounting for the matchups to come.

The SEC is about as top heavy as I can remember. The depth is not there. There are a lot of bad and mediocre teams in the SEC now, teams that historically have been better.

At the top, it’s mighty good.

Moo St barely putting up a fight. They’ve really fallen off after Mullen left. I don’t know anything about Joe Morehead but if he’s a flop, that kind of hiring mistake can set back a program like 8-10 years.

LSU fans can flip over to CBSSN and watch the next opponent Utah St. Supposedly their QB is decent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom