Another bullshirt call (1 Viewer)

If you're referring to the Cam Jordan roughing the passer penalty which gave Carolina a new set of downs and a chance for maybe a FG or a TD before halftime, I hate to say this but Jordan was being stupid, impulsive, and didn't realize how his actions would be perceived by NFL refs who are watching us 5-10x more closely than our opponents.

Cameron, I love you but YOU HAVE TO BE SMARTER THAN THAT. THINK. Especially even more so now after the Myles Garrett blowup/helmet-bashing incident 10 days ago in Cleveland.

If you're referring to the Cam Jordan roughing the passer penalty which gave Carolina a new set of downs and a chance for maybe a FG or a TD before halftime, I hate to say this but Jordan was being stupid, impulsive, and didn't realize how his actions would be perceived by NFL refs who are watching us 5-10x more closely than our opponents.

Cameron, I love you but YOU HAVE TO BE SMARTER THAN THAT. THINK. Especially even more so now after the Myles Garrett blowup/helmet-bashing incident 10 days ago in Cleveland.

I'm sorry but I can't disagree more. The whistle had not blown. He was clearly trying to punch the ball out. It was a clean football play. Horrid penalty that had a huge impact... at least a 7 point swing, if not 10 or 14.

I'm sorry but I can't disagree more. The whistle had not blown. He was clearly trying to punch the ball out. It was a clean football play. Horrid penalty that had a huge impact... at least a 7 point swing, if not 10 or 14.

EDIT - in the dome, couldn't tell but so apparently he made contact with Allen's chin? If so, guess it was correct.

Shoo, actually the whistle had blown 1-2 seconds before, Cam just doesn't hear it because of the crowd noise. If he was indeed trying to go for the ball, it was still a dumb, impulsive play on Cam's part anyway because it wasn't necessary, Demario had already sacked him and we were going to get the ball back with a chance for more points before halftime. Instead, Carolina got a new set of downs and drove down the field for a TD that made the score 17-15.

Maybe Jordan was trying to knock the ball out of Allen's hands, but it's how his hit looked to the refs or field judge. To them, what Cam Jordan intentions were don't matter, it what it looked like to them in the moment and it did appear like Jordan might've been trying to give a forearm shiver to Allen's head as he was going down while being sacked. In the NFL, perception is reality and the officiating crew perceives something to be a foul, their going to throw a flag even if their calls are wrong.

I'm not defending them or this collective mindset, but it's a reality and the refs don't really care about us.

Literature, then me and you must have seen two different plays on Cam's penalty late in the 2nd quarter. Like I said, it doesn't matter what Cam's intentions were, it what it looked like to the ref or that field judge who called the roughing-the-passer penalty, his view ultimately is the only one that matters, not mines or yours, or anyone else here on SR, or the 75,000 Saints fans watching our game right now in the Dome who might object.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom