Another CB Offseason Option (1 Viewer)

NotOnHerb

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I can't remember if I read it on either Fox or ESPN, or if it was talked about on the Fox pregame show this weekend, but there is the belief by many that the bears won't be resigning both their #1 and #2 corners due to the money they put into Manning, jr. What do yall think about the saints taking either tillman or vasher if they are available on the market. I know everyone on here is in love with clements and asante samuel, but both tillman and vasher are very good coverage corners. I believe that the bears will try to hold on to Tillman and allow vasher to go. anyone like this option?

We may have a better shot at Tillman due to his ties to Louisiana. I'm not sure where he's from but I know he played his college ball at UL-Layfayette.

I would hope for Tillman because he is local and I think he is better. I would still take Vasher in a new orleans second!

It is going to come down to scheme. Both of those guys play excellent zone like Fred Thomas but struggle in man to man coverage. McK is a man to man guy so that may decide if they go with Vasher Tillman Clements or Samuel.

I would like to get Tillman also. I don't think either are as good as the Bears front 7 makes them look.

I would like to get Tillman also. I don't think either are as good as the Bears front 7 makes them look.

You make a good point. Perhaps our secondary would look pretty good too if our front 7 could get a ferocious pass rush like the Bears have.

i dont think the bears are going to let vasher go, its hard to find a good CB and hes very young and very promising.

I'd love to get Vasher, but Tillman would be a nice pickup as well. Either should improve our situation.

I'd like to get Tillman more because behind donuts are a bunch of small CBs (Thomas, Craftless, etc). Vasher would just be casting the same mold, though I've liked how aggressive he plays his coverage. Peanut gets burned a bit more but does well at containing his man when he knows he's across from a fairly talented guy.

Anybody except for Jason Craft. I know he is what we have to work with for now, but he is really bad.

CB Asante Samuel (NE Patriots) is a FA and he wouldn't be a bad pickup either.

You make a good point. Perhaps our secondary would look pretty good too if our front 7 could get a ferocious pass rush like the Bears have.

McKenzie would be a monster if he played for the Bears

You saw what happened in the playoffs last year against the Panthers. Yes Steve Smith was/is awesome but the Bears corners got burned and abused

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom