Another CB Offseason Option (1 Viewer)

Just to throw some fuel on the fire, I'd like to remind you that this coaching staff isn't shy when it comes to trading for players and I think we should keep that in mind. It may be that they will trade for a starting player on another team and not try to get a FA, or they may do both. This is a pretty serious coaching staff and front office about getting a championship team here. More so than ever before.

As long as Thomas, Craft and Stoutmire are not on the roster next year, I will atleast have hope for the secondary.

My wish list for CB's

Nick Harper, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
David Macklin, UFA, Arizona Cardinals
Asante Samuel UFA New England Patriots
Nate Clements, UFA, Buffalo Bills
Roc Alexander, RFA, Denver Broncos
Jordan Babineaux, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
Jason David, RFA, Indianapolis Colts
Randall Gay, RFA, New England Patriots

What we really need is a stud DT. If we re-sign Hollis that would be a step in the right direction.

Vasher will make top 5 CB money if he hits the open market. That's what top 5 CBs get.

Vasher is not a top 5 CB. He benefits greatly from playing behind the best front 7 in football. Put him on the Saints and whilst clearly an upgrade he would not get the same result as playing for the Bears.

If Vasher is top 5 and Fred Thomas is top 10, I'd love to see your list!

i haven't seen those 2 CB's on FA lists...NOWHERE.

unless they are voiding the last year, of their contract...

Thats got to be what it is because I remember these two comming up when the Bears signed Manning that he would replace whoever played worse this season .

Vasher is better than any of the cornerbacks being talked about on here (Samuel, Clements, Hood).

Vasher would be an RFA if he only had a three year deal. Tillman on the other hand would not require any compensation. But as for him not being on any free agent lists... it could be a similar situation with Grant, where his final year could be voided. Being that he was a 2nd round pick, normally they would only have 4 year deals (which is why Stinchcomb is a free agent), yet he's listed as having a 5 year deal. I'm unsure of his contract details but I would assume his final year is voidable.

Yessir. I remember Tillman saying about how he missed the good cooking down here, especially the gumbo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom