Saints Another DE not named Clowney (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Saints are taking a look at Everson Griffen. All the buzz has been about Clowney and nothing has materialized as of yet. How close are we to training camp again? I understand that you trying to get him but there are others out there too(Markus Golden). Does anybody know anything? I'm looking every day to see if anyone gets signed and nothing. I do understand that some complications with the virus may hinder this season but still.......all I'm hearing is crickets 🦗🗣🗣🗣 something please.

Not meaning to stop a welcome topic about football, but Griffen has been mentioned many, many times. I don't think I've seen anyone here yet say they're not high on him as an option.

I suspect his age, health and/or desired compensation are why a team has yet to pick him up. Particularly if they can't work him out / get a physical.

I think it’s very possible but FA isn’t moving much right now with all the uncertainty. Maybe once a season or no season is settled it picks back up. And late FA moves usually come with no warning at all. They don’t get talked about like the boom at the beginning. So I won’t be shocked if we just log on here one day and we have a Griffen or depth in some other non-Clooney form. Lots of ifs. As Tribute said though, actual football discussion is well appreciated right now.

Not meaning to stop a welcome topic about football, but Griffen has been mentioned many, many times. I don't think I've seen anyone here yet say they're not high on him as an option.

I suspect his age, health and/or desired compensation are why a team has yet to pick him up. Particularly if they can't work him out / get a physical.
Right I'm seeing alot of older post that alot is weighing on what happens with Clowney then people will go after Griffen

Right I'm seeing alot of older post that alot is weighing on what happens with Clowney then people will go after Griffen
Really? I don't recall seeing that anywhere, is that a forum theory or reported in the media?

If it is the case, that suggests to me that Griffen doesn't see his number being much below Clowney, otherwise someone could have just taken him as the cheaper option.

But I still see them as two independent situations, personally. Griffen's market just looks to be a bit cooler at the moment, for whatever reason.

I'm wondering if the Saints are taking a look at Everson Griffen. All the buzz has been about Clowney and nothing has materialized as of yet. How close are we to training camp again? I understand that you trying to get him but there are others out there too(Markus Golden). Does anybody know anything? I'm looking every day to see if anyone gets signed and nothing. I do understand that some complications with the virus may hinder this season but still.......all I'm hearing is crickets 🦗🗣🗣🗣 something please.
I feel bad for him. He had a down year in 2019, but overall his production the past few years has been solid. Teams are avoiding him either for his salary demands or his mental health concerns.

I've always seen Griffen as a more logical option. Due to his age he should come much cheaper but he has been very productive and consistent his entire career.

He is the guy I want, I think he is a better player right now than Clowney ever will be.....

Really? I don't recall seeing that anywhere, is that a forum theory or reported in the media?

If it is the case, that suggests to me that Griffen doesn't see his number being much below Clowney, otherwise someone could have just taken him as the cheaper option.

But I still see them as two independent situations, personally. Griffen's market just looks to be a bit cooler at the moment, for whatever reason.
I listen to the great Saints Think Tank with Big Q. He does a stream and videos on YouTube. He was showing different stuff and that they were thinking Griffen was looking for about $12.75 mil for one year. Now Saints of course could talk him down a bit and stretch some money into a 2 year type deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom