Another Mardi Gras parade help thread. (1 Viewer)

Crowds thicken the closer to Lee Circle that you get.
You might try parking as far down as Felicity. When walking towards Lee Circle, I would stay on St. Charles while walking there and back.
I think your family will be comfortable watching the Sat./Sun parades without going past Felicity. Google says Jackson to Lee Circle is a 1 mile walk.

Another option is taking 90 toward the West Bank and exiting on Annunciation/Tchoup.
The area on this side of St. Charles may be preferable if you want to be further down towards Lee Circle.
You might find somewhere to park around Prytania/Melpomene vicinity.

Another option is taking 90 toward the West Bank and exiting on Annunciation/Tchoup.
The area on this side of St. Charles may be preferable if you want to be further down towards Lee Circle.
You might find somewhere to park around Prytania/Melpomene vicinity.

Sorry but DO NOT do this
as admiral ackbar would tell you, its a trap

thanks all........last question, promise. What time should we arrive?

Saturday day you can get away with maybe 30-45 min before parade gets there (get a parade tracker app)
Sunday people will start setting up once the sun is up - so early ss you can manage

When you get there talk to the people around you - let them know it's your first time - they'll take you under their wing
if your wife is game for it, get her to man your spot and walk up and down the route with your son checking out the scene

Well, we pulled it off!! Left p'cola 8am Saturday morning. Took the Orleans ave exit up to the block before Carrolton. Got at $25 parking spot. Got us a spot on Carrolton and set up shop with our Wagon, chairs, and cooler. Just hung out and people watched. Rouses accross the street was open which was cool. Me, my wife, and our 6 year old had a great day. The parades started and we adapted quickly to the back and forth after the bands would pass. I'd put the boy on my shoulders and get close to the floats. I'd also take a break and go stand behind the ladders and catch all kinds of stuff. Folks in general were really nice. I told a couple of really tall guys not to stand right in front of me. We even got out pretty quick and back on I10. We got to the Homewood suites in Slidell within the hour. Ordered pizza and looked at the loot. Thanks for the input............we had a great time!

Attachments

• mardi gras.jpg
    mardi gras.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 4
Well, we pulled it off!! Left p'cola 8am Saturday morning. Took the Orleans ave exit up to the block before Carrolton. Got at $25 parking spot. Got us a spot on Carrolton and set up shop with our Wagon, chairs, and cooler. Just hung out and people watched. Rouses accross the street was open which was cool. Me, my wife, and our 6 year old had a great day. The parades started and we adapted quickly to the back and forth after the bands would pass. I'd put the boy on my shoulders and get close to the floats. I'd also take a break and go stand behind the ladders and catch all kinds of stuff. Folks in general were really nice. I told a couple of really tall guys not to stand right in front of me. We even got out pretty quick and back on I10. We got to the Homewood suites in Slidell within the hour. Ordered pizza and looked at the loot. Thanks for the input............we had a great time!

Awesome! Love hearing the positive stories!

excellent - glad you had a good time
what's the boy saying?

It blew his mind. He's talking about it constantly. He only got nailed in the head one good time. 2 light up light sabers made him shake it off real quick. Him and his mom are talking about next year..........we'll see.

I see y'all got an Endymion stuffed Pontchartrain Beach Clown, cool.. That was a must have throw... I wish I bought more to throw out...

I see y'all got an Endymion stuffed Pontchartrain Beach Clown, cool.. That was a must have throw... I wish I bought more to throw out...
We got two of those! There one of the few keepers. My favorite was this little round bulb looking thing that had a short handle. It lights up when you bang it and has "endymion" on said handle. I'll keep that one too. My kid liked the light saber thingies.....I can't believe how much ya'll throw out from those floats. When it got to be too much up front we went back and sat on our wagon and would still catch random stuff....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom