Another metric of just how bad the LA viewership was. (1 Viewer)

Yep, it truly was a bad divorce between the Rams franchise and the city of St Louis. The fact that this story is from a St Louis source is proof to me that the Rams would have always had a much more loyal fan base in that city than they will EVER have in Los Angeles. L.A. is like an infant being force-fed strained peas & carrots. They may eat a little of it, but it's never going to be their favorite food.

So a huge city with well known viewership issues gets forced into a superbowl

No agenda to see here folks

Such a transient city. A large portion of your market is from somewhere else any sport team ties usually tied to where u from

I don’t think St. Louis needs a team. It’d be better for the Chiefs to expand their reach into St. Louis.

That's probably the best solution. St. Louis is a baseball town,and that isn't changing anytime soon. They also had an NBA franchise that eventually relocated to Atlanta.

This really makes that $5 billion and counting new stadium seem like a sound investment.

Such a transient city. A large portion of your market is from somewhere else any sport team ties usually tied to where u from

I live in Los Angeles. I keep saying this over and over and I really truly am shocked that this really simple truth somehow escapes the minds and research capabilities of a multi billion dollar company like the NFL.

I am from New Orleans. I will ALWAYS be a Saints fan. LA viewership is always going to be whack because it is essentially a city full of people from everywhere. The viewership numbers will likely skew to match closely with the nation as a whole.

It is pretty nice having a team here, I have gotten to see the Saints each of the past few seasons and the one coming up as well.

We all laugh at the fan attendance at Rams games (no Rams fans) .. but I think that is kind of the point. LA IS ACTUALLY a big enough market to warrant a team being here... but it is kind of more for the opposing fans than it is the city of LA.

That being said, lots of folks out in LA are fickle ... and making/winning the super bowl probably has/would have created more of a fan base out here. (I strongly lean to the theories about our NFCCG)

I do NOT think they need two teams here... that is the shocking part of all of this.

I got off point a little bit but... anyone who thinks viewership in LA for the Rams or Chargers is going to be high ... well they are stupid. The only way it really works is if they are playing the long game and trying to establish a team 10-15 years from now all the young kids growing up love and adore.

Say what you want about crappy LA fans ( I do hate them...) But they are very loyal to their Lakers.

In addition to my previous comment .. one clarification: the percentages in LA will never be high but i suppose percentage is a biased way of looking at it. I’d like to see the raw total numbers ... but still

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom