Another MLB Prospect? (1 Viewer)

I believe he suffered a knee injury against LSU that put him out for the rest of the season. I think he's also got another year of eligibility and plans on returning to South Carolina.

I believe he suffered a knee injury against LSU that put him out for the rest of the season. I think he's also got another year of eligibility and plans on returning to South Carolina.

Affirmative; Medical redshirt! Has a twin brother, who is also a LB. But it is Jasper who appears to be the beast of the 2. Would have been interesting prospect though.

The 2009 draft will be stacked at middle linebacker

Ray Maualuga, James Laurinaitis and Jasper Brinkley

The 2009 draft will be stacked at middle linebacker

Ray Maualuga, James Laurinaitis and Jasper Brinkley

Brinkley doesn't come close to being in the same class as the first, I still feel Lauranaitis is overrated but isn't even in JLs class of linebacker. Brinkley will be a second or third round pick next year unless he does some drastic improving.

He has the size but lacks recognition skills and plays inconsistent at times. One play he is in the back field and it will be a quarter before you hear or see him again. Also needs work on pass coverage. All in all he has all the physical tools you would want in a stud MLB but without the instinct he is nothing more than a ST or a back up. But he does have time to improve if he is granted his medical red shirt and allowed to play another year.

Last edited:
Brinkley doesn't come close to being in the same class as the first, I still feel Lauranaitis is overrated but isn't even in JLs class of linebacker. Brinkley will be a second or third round pick next year unless he does some drastic improving.

He has the size but lacks recognition skills and plays inconsistent at times. One play he is in the back field and it will be a quarter before you hear or see him again. Also needs work on pass coverage. All in all he has all the physical tools you would want in a stud MLB but without the instinct he is nothing more than a ST or a back up. But he does have time to improve if he is granted his medical red shirt and allowed to play another year.

so, he's another sedrick hodge? he did actually sniff being in a couple of plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom