Another Mock (1 Viewer)

abnrgr

Rangers Lead the Way!
Reaction score
Here's my shot at a mock draft

1. Dorsey and Ellis gone by #5 so Saints drop back to #15 with Detroit for a 2nd round pick. Selection at #15 is DE/DT Calais Campbell.
2a. Saints select Miami Safety Kenny Phillips.
2b. Saints pick Notre Dame DT Trevor Laws.
3. Saints add depth to secondary with DB Terrell Thomas USC.
4. Traded for Vilma
5. We add insurance for Karney with FB Owen Schmitt (yeah we'll carry two FB instead of 5 TE).
6. TE is the pick and Craig Stevens of CAL is high-character, solid blocker and a possession receiver.
7. Another pick for the DL we select DT Derrick Lokey of Texas.

Good stuff and I hope we do trade back like you suggest. Thanks for doing it. :)

I don't like the Campbell pick, but the rest of the picks I like. I would take Rivers/Mayo/Connor. I know some think that at least two of them should go in the 20s, but they shouldn't they are good.

We don't need a DE/DT hybrid if we are going to take two other DTs in the draft. Take a LB for gosh's sake.

At #15 take Keith Rivers, DRC, Jenkins, Cason (best CB available). Then take Kenny Phillips and Trevor Laws in the 2nd. (Though, I doubt Kenny falls to #40.)

I really doubt we'll carry a second FB unless it's someone who can be a solid contributor either on ST or in certain offensive packages/plays etc. Owen Schmitt doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. He's too similar to Karney. He's the best pure FB available in this draft.

If we were going to draft a fullback, I would expect it to be more of a hybrid guy that we could use for ST and offensive versatility.

I really doubt we'll carry a second FB unless it's someone who can be a solid contributor either on ST or in certain offensive packages/plays etc. Owen Schmitt doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. He's too similar to Karney. He's the best pure FB available in this draft.

If we were going to draft a fullback, I would expect it to be more of a hybrid guy that we could use for ST and offensive versatility.

I agree that Payton may want a more versatile FB but I would rather a similar back to Karney to groom and back up Karney in case hes injured.

My Trade Back Scenario, which im startin to like better each day:
Trade back with Detriot, we get their #15 and #45, they get our #10 and #147.

15) Mike Jenkins, CB, USF
40) Reggie Smith, FS/CB, OU
45) Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland
78) Pat Sims, DT, AU
4th----Traded-------
5th----Traded-------
179) Jacob Tamme, TE, UK
218) Jamie Silva, S, BC

My Trade Back Scenario, which im startin to like better each day:
Trade back with Detriot, we get their #15 and #45, they get our #10 and #147.

15) Mike Jenkins, CB, USF
40) Reggie Smith, FS/CB, OU
45) Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland
78) Pat Sims, DT, AU
4th----Traded-------
5th----Traded-------
179) Jacob Tamme, TE, UK
218) Jamie Silva, S, BC

I like this draft. I would be very happy with it. I would prefer a DT at 40, but I can't argue with the picks in general. Tamme may be a good find in the 6th. The one thing that throws this in doubt is whether Pat Sims lasts to the 3rd? Not sure about that.

Here's my shot at a mock draft

1. Dorsey and Ellis gone by #5 so Saints drop back to #15 with Detroit for a 2nd round pick. Selection at #15 is DE/DT Calais Campbell.
2a. Saints select Miami Safety Kenny Phillips.
2b. Saints pick Notre Dame DT Trevor Laws.
3. Saints add depth to secondary with DB Terrell Thomas USC.
4. Traded for Vilma
5. We add insurance for Karney with FB Owen Schmitt (yeah we'll carry two FB instead of 5 TE).
6. TE is the pick and Craig Stevens of CAL is high-character, solid blocker and a possession receiver.
7. Another pick for the DL we select DT Derrick Lokey of Texas.

I like the trade but don't like Campbell at all for the Saints; he is really a DE. At #15 the value would be Rivers or one of the CBs (McElvin or Rodgers-Cromartie). I like Phillips and Laws, but one or both of them may be gone by pick 40. Picking up two DTs is not a bad idea. I don't think that the Saints need both a TE and FB; Jacob Tamme is a TE/HB combination, but he should be gone no later than the fifth round. I also think a C/G should be picked somewhere in the draft for depth and I wouldn't mind a FS and/or QB.

i think if we trade back it needs to be with the eagles for the 19th and lito shepherd if we need CB why not get one we already know is good at what he does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom