Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (6 Viewers)

I don't give Rittenhouse the benefit of the doubt because to me, it was clear what he was in Kenosha for. That's my opinion. Maybe he didn't go there to kill anyone, but he was clearly going to kill anyone he needed to if provoked, and a good way to draw attention to yourself in a provoking manner is to confront people in the street with a gun. Just my 2 cents.

Sure - and we'll never know 100% - but that wasn't the conversation. It was "you perceive x" and very clearly that position could be flipped on it's face to "you don't perceive x".

I think it's odd that you would ask why anyone would question the motive of another person. The outcome of this case should have nothing to do with it.
Sorry that it has been that confusing for you. When trying to find another's perspective on something, I would find it "odd" to not ask questions.

DC Metro traffic being what it is it would probably take longer to go 10 miles than going 100 miles in Wisconsin
Of course, but it was actually approximately 30 miles for KR, which is not much farther for me to drive, which is closer to 20 miles to downtown DC.

My point simply is that KR didn't travel far, and he didn't bring the gun with him across state lines. He screwed up and he's admitted as much. Whether he's genuine in that is up to each individual to decide.

Sorry that it has been that confusing for you. When trying to find another's perspective on something, I would find it "odd" to not ask questions.

And now we're full circle, this is beautiful. I was the one questioning Kyle's motive - and you were the one asking why I would question that. So yes, we agree finally. It is in fact odd not to ask questions. Thank you.

I live in suburban DC, and it would take me longer to get to DC than is does KR from his home to where he went. In a lot of cities, you can drive that distance and still be within said city. I think this emphasis on it is distracting from other valid points you're making.

We disagree that the location is completely irrelevant, though I see your point that it isn't as relevant as some have made it out to be.

I live in suburban DC, and it would take me longer to get to DC than is does KR from his home to where he went. In a lot of cities, you can drive that distance and still be within said city. I think this emphasis on it is distracting from other valid points you're making.
Speaking of DC, I was there a few weeks ago for a meeting. I stayed at the Courtyard on L Street just down the road from the Capital and on my last day I had some time to spare, so I decided to go walk around the National Mall. I walked up to the Capital then down to the Washington Monument, the to the river to see the Jefferson Memorial across the bank. From there I followed the river a little ways and then looped back around to my hotel. I mapped it & ended up putting in just over 7 miles that morning. Great walk & the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Best of all it was a weekday, so hardly anyone was around.

Speaking of DC, I was there a few weeks ago for a meeting. I stayed at the Courtyard on L Street just down the road from the Capital and on my last day I had some time to spare, so I decided to go walk around the National Mall. I walked up to the Capital then down to the Washington Monument, the to the river to see the Jefferson Memorial across the bank. From there I followed the river a little ways and then looped back around to my hotel. I mapped it & ended up putting in just over 7 miles that morning. Great walk & the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Best of all it was a weekday, so hardly anyone was around.
Yeah, and with most federal employees working from home, it's that much less people around during the week. Not sure when that will return to normal.

You didn't answer my question - again.

Videos of a kid scrubbing graffiti or an alibi from a friend or relative don't detract from the action, which was him going to another locale with a loaded weapon.

I'm very open to other interpretations. But you must understand that making blanket statements like "fact vs incorrect information" don't trump others in an argument. Also, condescending remarks about "if you're going to form an opinion" really are of no substance if you can't prove where I'm 'closed' to information that doesn't 'align with my opinion'. Having a difference of opinion on motive isn't equivalent to what you're attempting to label with. It's just a difference of opinion.

Would you like to address those points without the irrelevant condescension at this time?
I'm not sure what question I didn't answer & unfortunately I don't have but a minute to respond. I'll go back tomorrow and see if there's anything that I didn't address.

You asked for evidence that Rittenhouse didn't go there with the intent to kill someone. I gave evidence that suggested he had other or even additional motives. Honestly, I don't know what goes through a killer's mind, but going around with a medical kit offering help to the people he's trying to kill and helping to clean up after the previous nights' riots just doesn't seem to fit to me. And that's not an alibi from his friend, those were reports from other people along with video from other people who are not otherwise associated with Rittenhouse.

You told me that I was arguing semantics when I corrected you on incorrect facts like he was driven to Kenosha with his rifle in tactical gear, all of which is false and all which were fabricated by the media and repeated by political pundits. Those incorrect statements are the type of things that lead me in the first place to believe that you're "regurgitating" information.

DC is better/worse than NYC for that - you can start walking in the Mall and then never stop
It feels like everything is close but it takes a long time to get there and even longer getting back - I learned that lesson the hard way with my kid who was too big for a stroller but not big enough we could ‘make’ him walk the whole way
Daddy sherpa was plum tuckered

DC is better/worse than NYC for that - you can start walking in the Mall and then never stop
It feels like everything is close but it takes a long time to get there and even longer getting back - I learned that lesson the hard way with my kid who was too big for a stroller but not big enough we could ‘make’ him walk the whole way
Daddy sherpa was plum tuckered
LOL, yeah, I'd say the last stretch of my walk was pretty brisk for that very reason because I was beginning to push checkout time.

Of course, but it was actually approximately 30 miles for KR, which is not much farther for me to drive, which is closer to 20 miles to downtown DC.

My point simply is that KR didn't travel far, and he didn't bring the gun with him across state lines. He screwed up and he's admitted as much. Whether he's genuine in that is up to each individual to decide.

Agreed, count me as still being just a tad suspicious of his real intent...also Wisconsin gun laws suck and could potentially lead to more of this vigilantism....

I ran this same route often as the Capital is right across the street from DOL....never got tired of it...

The man who bought Kyle Rittenhouse the AR-15-style rifle he used as a 17-year-old to shoot three people, two fatally, during a 2020 protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, pleaded no contest on Monday to contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Dominick Black's attorney appeared in Kenosha County Circuit Court to finalize the plea bargain agreement that spares Black from being tried on felony charges stemming from the purchase of the gun. Black, 20, did not attend the hearing.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom