Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (6 Viewers)

Depending on time and place of the protest I suppose. Someone earlier mentioned that during the day protests are rather peaceful. I see no reason to have a gun in that situation. It’s when dumpsters are being lit on fire, stores are being vandalized, etc. and peace is far from being kept, that I can somewhat understand why a gun would need to involved (but I’m thinking more in the hands of a business owner who is fending off the dogs of society).

Sure, I mean, I think you can easily make exceptions for people on their own property that happens to be in the area of a "protest." Obviously, the devil would be in the detail of defining what is a "protest" and when protest becomes civil unrest. But, I think the key thing here is that we don't want civilians running around with guns in very tense situations which they are not trained to deal with. (Many officers apparently aren't well trained for it either, but that's another discussion.) I think it's clearly different if you are protecting your own property which just happens to be in the area of the protest/chaos.

At some point people need to quit celebrating these idiots.

Can you show me someplace this has happened here? I'm only even seeing these guys being discussed by people supporting KR. I haven't seen anyone defend their actions, much less celebrating them. Most people I see questioning it focus on KR being there. In fact, I doubt many people could name the three guys shot without the help of Google. I know I can't.

Can you show me someplace this has happened here? I'm only even seeing these guys being discussed by people supporting KR. I haven't seen anyone defend their actions, much less celebrating them. Most people I see questioning it focus on KR being there. In fact, I doubt many people could name the three guys shot without the help of Google. I know I can't.
Celebrating is the wrong word. Not sure what word to use but I am definitely wrong there.

Jalen Rose thinks Jacob Blake is dead. Maybe he misspoke, but he did not correct himself, and neither did ESPN. Whatever keeps the hate train alive and well!

Just curious, what did the 'rest of world' do about firearms that we have not done?
Because it is a left talking point. Nothing about your personally at all. Just an observation and question from a message board.
Are you suggesting that the entire world except for gun-loving Republicans are left-leaning? I assume so since you point out that the common sense laws they have enacted to practically eliminate gun deaths is a "left talking point". I just want to clarify.

Hint: It's not. It took Uber-Conservative Australia exactly two weeks after a mass-shooting event in 1996 to pass legislation that began to restrict the sale and ownership of similar firearms. Just a few items from an extremely dense document are the prohibition of automatic and semiautomatic assault rifles, institute a temporary gun buyback program that almost immediately removed 650,000 assault weapons out of public circulation, mandate licensing and registration, demonstrate a “genuine need” for specific firearms and take an actual firearm safety course. Aside from licensing owners, gun manufacturers as well as sellers are heavily regulated and held to account. You can't tell me that in a country of lawyers, run by lawyers we can't draft meaningful legislation that actually makes a dent in gun-related deaths. They can pool their resources together and figure out how to slowly strip away funding and remove power from healthcare legislation, but they can't figure out a way to reduce the number of firearms that are in the hands of people who might use them to commit crimes?

It's not a left talking point. It's an informed talking point.

Last edited:
Of course they do. Criminals are human too. That said, I'm not really seeing what your point is. It's not a problem until they point a gun at someone? It's always a problem knowingly pointing a loaded gun at someone whether or not you've ever committed a crime. My point was that most people I've been around have a healthy respect for guns and gun safety.
"Most people" you know is an irrelevant unit of measurement.

It took Uber-Conservative Australia exactly two weeks after a mass-shooting event in 1996 to pass legislation that began to restrict the sale and ownership of similar firearms.
and the results are inconclusive
Australian Firearms Buyback and Its Effect on Gun Deaths
Using a battery of structural break tests, there is little evidence to suggest that it had any significant effects on firearm homicides and suicides. In addition, there does not appear to be any substitution effects, specifically that reduced access to firearms may have let those bent on committing homicide or suicide to use alternative methods.
MLU said:
It's not a left talking point. It's an informed talking point.
not necessarily informed, though the left would have one believe so

I've stepped away from this thread, but I wanted to confirm something I read. I see that the prosecution wanted to present a video in which KR basically said he wanted to shoot looters. Is that accurate and has anyone here actually seen this video? The only thing that I can find is what the prosecutor says is in the video.

I've stepped away from this thread, but I wanted to confirm something I read. I see that the prosecution wanted to present a video in which KR basically said he wanted to shoot looters. Is that accurate and has anyone here actually seen this video? The only thing that I can find is what the prosecutor says is in the video.

Yes, and I've seen the video. In it some people are leaving a drug store. KR believed they were stealing from the store. He says he wishes he had his AR so he could shoot them. I referenced it earlier in the thread. Here's a link. Ignore the article. It's tabloid and bombastic, but the video is linked in there.

Last edited:
Yes, and I've seen the video. In it some people are leaving a drug store. KR believed they were stealing from the store. He says he wishes he had his AR so he could shoot them. I referenced it earlier in the thread. Here's a link. Ignore the article. It's tabloid and bombastic, but the video is linked in there.

How dare you disparage the journalistic integrity of the New York Post!

But in seriousness, the Court was correct in not admitting it, IMO. It's no more relevant to the elements of the case than Rosenbaum's alleged history of pedophilia.

But in seriousness, the Court was correct in not admitting it, IMO. It's no more relevant to the elements of the case than Rosenbaum's alleged history of pedophilia.
alleged history? convicted history.

I'm of two minds about that. Were I the judge I'd probably have ruled the same, but I think it's closer to being relevant only because it directly relates to what happened. I think the same about Rosenbaum's history of violent and erratic behavior. If I told someone I think women deserve to die, and I'm on trial for killing a woman, is my state of mind toward women relevant?

If something goes directly to the state of mind I think you need to take a very careful look at it, but I understand that opens a can of worms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom