Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (4 Viewers)

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, people here actually think the Rittenhouse decision demonstrates injustice in our system?

El Caliente

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Focusing on the victim/bad guys is a rhetorical feint to try to take the focus off of KR’s bad intentions
Which seems obvious
Continuing to do it seems to betray an understanding that the KR defender feels the ground shifting underfoot
He didn’t shoot those people because of their gorilla marketing tactics.

Anyway, this is tiring. Neither of us are going to change each others minds. We can agree everyone messed up and found out, and let’s agree to disagree on everything else.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He didn’t shoot those people because of their gorilla marketing tactics.

Anyway, this is tiring. Neither of us are going to change each others minds. We can agree everyone messed up and found out, and let’s agree to disagree on everything else.
Except that we’re not at a he said/he said impasse
I feel that the self-defense narrative should start when he picked up the rifle - others think it should start when the eventual victim lunged at him
— those are differences of opinion

My charge is that you are using faulty rhetoric when you bring in the bad guys history
A. He did not know the bad guys so it makes no matter in terms of his intention/culpability who they were
B. He is not police, judge, jury, executioner - he is none of those things. So he has no responsibility as to their criminality

If you want to bow out cool, that’s your choice - just appreciate that we are discussing rhetoric not opinion

El Caliente

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Except that we’re not at a he said/he said impasse
I feel that the self-defense narrative should start when he picked up the rifle - others think it should start when the eventual victim lunged at him
— those are differences of opinion

My charge is that you are using faulty rhetoric when you bring in the bad guys history
A. He did not know the bad guys so it makes no matter in terms of his intention/culpability who they were
B. He is not police, judge, jury, executioner - he is none of those things. So he has no responsibility as to their criminality

If you want to bow out cool, that’s your choice - just appreciate that we are discussing rhetoric not opinion
Hey just wanted to take a minute to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving and most of all good health! These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random message and send it on.
So after all we've been though together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy and fulfilling 2018 - you’re the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for. Best wishes, Helen

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to take a minute to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving and most of all good health! These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random message and send it on.
So after all we've been though together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy and fulfilling 2018 - you’re the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for. Best wishes, Helen
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparklemotion

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Wha?
The only thing remotely similar is that wypipo decided to arm up and go hunt
We’ve already lost the narrative, but the story of Georgia is that the apparatus tried to protect an execution in broad daylight- they would have been free today except for the pressure of the family and a fortuitous leak of video

And it was an attempted insurrection- full stop
Both cases were self defense claims one was valid one was not they both were determined by who pursued and who was chased

If anyone believes there was any attempt to overthrow the gov obviously is media drunk

The police were literally talking with and present in every area the protesters were , the whole event was over in a matter of hours and Congress continued to meet - the lady who was shot and killed by the cop was literally talking to two police officers just before she was killed and as media does they continued the lie about how the officer died in an attempt to make the whole thing into something and to justify the cop shooting

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Both cases were self defense claims one was valid one was not they both were determined by who pursued and who was chased

If anyone believes there was any attempt to overthrow the gov obviously is media drunk

The police were literally talking with and present in every area the protesters were , the whole event was over in a matter of hours and Congress continued to meet - the lady who was shot and killed by the cop was literally talking to two police officers just before she was killed and as media does they continued the lie about how the officer died in an attempt to make the whole thing into something and to justify the cop shooting
We have always been at war with Eastasia

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

Well this changes everything (not), thanks so much for this information, I feel so much better (not)...is above a joke of some kind?

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Of course it is. Whether it's across the street or another state doesn't really matter. It's looking for trouble either way.

Saying he's from another state just feels like a regurgitated talking point.

I mean I thought it was pertinent. But yeah, I can see it that way too.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I mean I thought it was pertinent. But yeah, I can see it that way too.
Yes it’s pertinent bc I’m not willing to acquiesce to a very very bad law
Grabbing your gun to defend something across the street which has a reasonable chance of coming onto your property is completely different than sitting at a computer getting ****** at a BLM rally we’ll removed from your location that has a less that 1% chance of directly effecting you
The reason to draw distinction between those two things should be drastically obvious

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes it’s pertinent bc I’m not willing to acquiesce to a very very bad law
Grabbing your gun to defend something across the street which has a reasonable chance of coming onto your property is completely different than sitting at a computer getting ****** at a BLM rally we’ll removed from your location that has a less that 1% chance of directly effecting you
The reason to draw distinction between those two things should be drastically obvious
What specific law do you have an issue with?

Taurus

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What specific law do you have an issue with?

If I understand Guido's position, it's similar to mine. It's not "a bad law" it's "the lack of a good law". There needs to be a clear cutoff so you can't bring a gun to a tense situation like a protest, goad someone into attacking you, then shoot them in "self defense". Especially if you're concealed carrying so they don't even know you're armed. It's one thing to get into a fistfight, another entirely to be the poor sod bringing fists to a gunfight.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I understand Guido's position, it's similar to mine. It's not "a bad law" it's "the lack of a good law". There needs to be a clear cutoff so you can't bring a gun to a tense situation like a protest, goad someone into attacking you, then shoot them in "self defense". Especially if you're concealed carrying so they don't even know you're armed. It's one thing to get into a fistfight, another entirely to be the poor sod bringing fists to a gunfight.
Well, apparently, there's already a law on the books prohibiting guns at licensed protests. The problem is, there are also laws on the books that allows for self-defense. What should have happened in the case of KR, is he should have been arrested for bringing a firearm to the protest. There also should be a status disallowing the use of a firearm at a protest for self defense. I don't see the "bad laws" that GMR is referencing, but I'm not really sure what specifically he's referring to. Saying it's a generic "bad law" isnt really saying anything imo.

Farb

Brave Sir Robbin
Reaction score
Just curious, are you guys this upset at Gaige Grosskrutz as well? He traveled farther to be where he should not have been. He also brought a concealed firearm to a 'protests' that he was not legally allowed to carry. He pointed that firearm at someone as well.
Sounds like he was the one that needs to be on trial.

El Caliente

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are you saying that KR goaded people into attacking him, or are you just saying that people (with guns) shouldn’t goad others into attacking them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom