Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (2 Viewers)

That leads to an interesting link in the chain of possible legalities. What if an armed protester saw KR point his rifle and shot KR to defend the third-parties KR was threatening? Is that legal?

I ask because the farther we let the ripple effect of self-defense combined with open carry spread, the greater the chances of a straight-up gunfight between Proud Bois and Antifa happening.

A goads 1 into making a threatening move, A gets shot by 2 as he raises his weapon to shoot 1. B, C, D and E all open fire into the crowd the moment they hear gunshots. 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 reply with a fusillade of their own and...it's all legal?
Already possible, https://www.hartsfield-law.com/blog/what-does-mutual-combat-mean

As our resident (and I believe most grounded) gun rights and responsibilities guy I'm curious about your opinion on this. Do you think this is a solid law?
I do in the sense it can provide a person to believe there will be no firearms present. There however will always be the few who believe the law is stupid and will do what they want.
Look I am very pro 2nd amendment but I think I take a middle of the road approach. If you want to carry a firearm for personal defense you need to ha e a permit, you need to turn in proof of continued education and training on a regular basis. Let's say once a year you have to make a certain amount of trips to a state approved range and instructor who gives you a signed piece of paper saying you have spent so much time on the range shooting. Then everytime you renew your permit you have to take a refresher course on the laws as well as a first aid course for treating gunshot wounds.
I also think it should be a National conceal and carry permit. Recognized by all 50 states.
If you commit a crime with a firearm the penalty should be harsher. You kill someone and found guilty you're done. Either life in prison or death penalty. Death penalty only if you're caught red handed.
If you don't kill anyone, let's say a robbery, it's a mandatory sentence with no chance at parole.

Out of curiosity, do you get mad at the Saints bc they’re not performing like a playoff team with a healthy QB?
Nope. We won the super bowl. My 28 years of Saints sorrow ended then and everything after that is lagniappe. If we play like sheet we play like sheet. sheet happens. Injuries happen. Circumstance happens. No reason to get angry at the Saints. My perspective, "oh well, the world turns"

Get mad about a missed PI/defenseless receiver/helmet to helmet in the playoffs. Sure. But it doesn't really last long.

What I don't get is why is this even about Race when only one person involved was of a different race? Because the media told you it was about race. And now you are emotionally invested and are compelled to continue to make it about race.

Before the verdict, I knew nothing of it because I don't give a sheet about what the media has to say. The only reason I decided to follow up on this, is because it was a conversation at work. I went and watched KRs testimony and the closing arguments from both sides, which included a "real time" break down of the events as they unfolded. Zero media influence.

KR apparently appears on Tucker Carlson and proclaims he supports BLM so everyone making this idiot child out as a hero in regards to their racially motivated tribe are about to be in for a rude awakening.

here is the original post I wrote for this thread, but never posted. Just saved it.
Good ole me knew nothing about this whole thing cause quite frankly I don't watch the news anymore. And amazingly since the world is under so much surveillance, private or public, nearly the entire night was caught on "tape".

Decided to watch the Rittenhouse Testimony and the closing arguments as well as whatever videos of the night relevant to the case. Base purely on the facts from the case. Videos showed at least 100 people defending businesses with rifles from being burned to the ground. It appeared that a psychotic agent of chaos was terrorizing, threatening, and attempting to provoke anyone to shoot him. They spotted this dumb child with a assault rifle all alone and set up an ambush to try and kill him, as he apparently had threatened to do before according to multiple witnesses. Psycho chases after dumb child. Fearing for his life, dumb child, shoots the guy who quite frankly just seemed like he wanted to commit suicide but was too afraid to do it himself. So Psycho commits suicide cause who the hell charges a guy that points a rifle in their face as a warning? His friends who were seen collaborating with Psycho throughout the night. Begin chasing after the dumb child, again who the hell chases after a person with a rifle? Why are we so damn stupid? Anyway, Jump Kick man(seen throughout the night with Psycho) and Skate board man(also seen with Psycho trying to hold him back from terrorizing and committing suicide(shoot me, N*) at a gas station) chase dumb child, that wanted to be a hero and be involved and helping others, while generating a mob of people to chase after a person with a RIFLE(who does that? Who chases after someone that can kill them?) Anyway second incident happens, dumb child is forced to defend himself from a mob. And amazing this dumb kid doesn't fire at anyone other than the people that were attacking him, anyone that didn't attack him didn't get shot. Face Palm guy, who later wished he shot first instead of asking questions, gets his arm shot to hell. Dumb child finally makes to the police line to try and turn himself in.

I think he likely pointed it at Rosenbaum at some point before firing his first shot, but if he pointed the weapon at Rosenbaum because he was chasing or advancing toward him in an aggressive manner, that's a lot different than pointing a weapon at someone who is not being aggressive or confrontational.
Apparently he pointed it at other who were not being confrontational at all, and perhaps at Rosenbaum before he became involved with KR at all (not certain who the gun was pointed at in the video footage shown in the trial).

From watching the case, there was guy jumping on a car, and apparently KR pointed his weapon in his direction, earlier in the night.
That’s not what the video said — someone was *standing* on a car when KR pointed his gun at him and in the video KR admitted to pointing the gun at him, but in testimony KR said he lied about that and was just being sarcastic. He also said he lied about being an EMT.

That’s not what the video said — someone was *standing* on a car when KR pointed his gun at him and in the video KR admitted to pointing the gun at him, but in testimony KR said he lied about that and was just being sarcastic. He also said he lied about being an EMT.
jumping as in getting onto the car? standing as in being on a car? semantics. Im not going to spend another 8+ hours rewatching the case to point out the "jumping" phrase.

Yes, he also did lie about being an EMT.(really has nothing to do with the case itself) He's a child. He wanted to act like a hero "making a difference". Just like most children. Now he's infamous for all the wrong reasons. Simply because he is an idiot. Why the hell would he go alone in such a hostile environment.

Speak for yourself, I'm just talking about my personal experience, you can take it or leave it, I don't really care.
What you're relying upon is anecdotal evidence. I shouldn't need to tell you why that doesn't paint an accurate picture.

and the results are inconclusive
Australian Firearms Buyback and Its Effect on Gun Deaths

not necessarily informed, though the left would have one believe so
1) I know you didn't read that entire 29 page document because you didn't read my entire post when I listed as real things the government of Australia did to reduce firearms deaths.

2) You really should read the document. It doesn't say what you think it says. It by far does not claim to definitively support your argument.

3) Informing yourself means you have to go beyond the summary paragraphs.

What you're relying upon is anecdotal evidence. I shouldn't need to tell you why that doesn't paint an accurate picture.
I already stated as much. :shrug:

It might be different elsewhere. My experience is my experience. Never said it was more than that.

I already stated as much. :shrug:

It might be different elsewhere. My experience is my experience. Never said it was more than that.
And I pointed out that your experience is irrelevant because it only pertains to you. Last I checked, this discussion includes several people, across the country.

This is like you telling me it's raining right now wherever you live and I walk outside and see a cloudless sky. That's not an accurate description what's going on right now with a very broad, complex subject. It's only relevant if the discussion is limited to what is happening to you alone.

And I pointed out that your experience is irrelevant because it only pertains to you. Last I checked, this discussion includes several people, across the country.

This is like you telling me it's raining right now wherever you live and I walk outside and see a cloudless sky. That's not an accurate description what's going on right now with a very broad, complex subject. It's only relevant if the discussion is limited to what is happening to you alone.
To each his own. You do you and I'll do me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom