Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (4 Viewers)

most of these do look like murder to me. But just to play devils advocate, how do we know he wasn't about to turn around with a gun. What led up to this? Was he actually under arrest when he was on the other side of the car? If they have three guys why doesn't one have a taser drawn instead of a gun? If he was under arrest, he never should have been allowed to reach that driver's side door.
From what i read they did taser him and it didn’t effect him, and if they are yelling for him to stop and he’s ignoring the commands and he reaches in the car anyway.....

What's worse are the stories saying his kids were in the car. Two big problems with that:

1. You're sitting there watching your dad getting shot multiple times.
2. What if there was a richocet or a child in the passenger seat?
Doesn’t some onus fall on the father to say “my kids are in the car, maybe i should listen to the cops so I don’t cause any trauma for my kids and teach them by example to listen to the cops”?

Doesn’t some onus fall on the father to say “my kids are in the car, maybe i should listen to the cops so I don’t cause any trauma for my kids and teach them by example to listen to the cops”?

Absolutely. There's fault on both sides but the side with the "power" has the greater responsibility in these situations. It's like me and my kids. If we are both angry I have the greater responsibility to control the situation because I'm the authority figure and more responsible party. That's why if I get into a fistfight with them CPS comes looking for me, not them.

Absolutely. There's fault on both sides but the side with the "power" has the greater responsibility in these situations. It's like me and my kids. If we are both angry I have the greater responsibility to control the situation because I'm the authority figure and more responsible party. That's why if I get into a fistfight with them CPS comes looking for me, not them.
There is not enough info on why guns were drawn which results in him strolling off into a vehicle (at least I haven’t read). Need more info.

There is not enough info on why guns were drawn which results in him strolling off into a vehicle (at least I haven’t read). Need more info.

Yeah, that's what I said earlier. I'm still in wait and see mode. I was responding more to the principal than the exact situation.

Ok so original article says it was a domestic call and he was trying to break up a fight. This one says he was loaded and pointing a gun at people in a bar.

not much middle ground here.

ah. Misdirection eh. Not helpful to the discussion

My apologies was in the sun and didn't post my comment. I was establishing some background. And while he does not deserve to be punished for the past I believe it does provide proof that he is not a Saint. Also from what I understand the rape charge is against a 14 year old.

My apologies was in the sun and didn't post my comment. I was establishing some background. And while he does not deserve to be punished for the past I believe it does provide proof that he is not a Saint. Also from what I understand the rape charge is against a 14 year old.

I don’t think Sainthood is in question here. The problem is how altercations are handled across the board. And I’m not being overly critical of the cops here. domestic calls are probably the armpit of calls for all departments. But it’s hard for me to believe that this call had to end with that many shots being fired at the man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom