Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (2 Viewers)

I looked at comments of articles yes. I didn’t have to. However, my intention was to get an understanding of how we are where are right now as a society according to the news and social media. I apologize for distracting the discussion but hate was brought up. The hate people are feeling because of incidents like the original post is prevalent online. I guess i am trying to understand it but not making any progress. I understand protest and free speech and why that is occurring right now.

I’ll leave this thread, reset, and try to understand more. All i can do.

my difficulty with your position as stated here goes back to your disdain for 'data' and 'statistics' with no real grounding nor explanation. It was all generalized commentary that offered nothing specific about what you were talking about. And then it became the same exact thing with this 'hate'

If you want to understand more, then dismissing 'data' out of hand seems counter productive. And engaging with 'hate' through nola.com or FB or chron.com comments is to focus on a virtual cesspool. Again, that seems an ill choice to find 'understanding.'

I don't know how anyone can expect to find understanding using those sources.

You're seeing the worst because you're looking in the worst places. And if those are the same places where you are seeing the poor, irresponsible, partisan use of "data" and "statistics" then your skepticism regarding them is clearer.

My point is you're going about 'understanding' in a really unwise way.

After a reset and thought, i’d like to apologize for my response to your openly admitted hate towards all white people. I don’t know what life circumstances caused your hate but i should have maybe seen where you were coming from. I just hope you find some type of clarity for the hate you feel. Whether it be by being saved or talking it out. Like you said. Not healthy.

I don’t like seeing any brother of mine, as sons of God, unhealthy mentally or physically. If you need help i’m here for you.
The way I feel is a direct result of things that keep happening in this country. And it's not always the occurrence that draws the bulk of my ire. It's the response.

I can accept that 'bad things' will happen. But I can't accept what typically follows. People looking for a way to justify it and to keep it going. People saying it's all in our heads. Historically, the lack of consequences for the ones who started this shirtshow; the ones who committed (and continue to commit) the atrocities. Instead of being punished, they prospered. I see the results of that prosperity everyday. Sometimes in the tiniest things.

It's not a conscious decision. It's not as if I say, when I read this story about the resurgence of drive-in movies, I'm going to see red when they mention how popular they were in the 40s and 50s. It just happens.

Whenever this country looks back fondly on any past era, I instantly know that Black people don't have those same memories. And I know WHY they don't have those memories. There's something about the audacity of white people to have fun while simultaneously participating in deprivation... It's the same feeling I get seeing the lavish residences of figure heads in third world and developing countries while their people starve.

There are certain behaviors, that as a species, we should unequivocally reject. The fact that we can't agree on racism being one of those behaviors will forever enrage me. It's not something that can dissipate or be talked out of me. (if you hated child molesters, could you talk it out?)

Since you mentioned god again, I wouldn't ask my god to take away my hate without first asking her/him/it - to take away the thing that has rightfully caused my hate. That's the key to saving me: remove or greatly diminish the source of my discomfort.

Otherwise, I'm content with acknowledging it and just letting it be.

This may be a gross oversimplification but reading and listening to a lot of responses not just here but all over, it has become clearer to me how someone like Hitler could rise to power.

I can't lie, mentally, I started to check out of the discussion when whitewashed I have a Dream MLK and "these are every person problems, not black or white ones" and, the best, "I can't support a hate fueled movement!" was brought up. I will never understand White America's need to constantly make stuff about them.

I’m trying to see if I can post a link to the fictitious incidents that the right wing media is portraying of the left but for right now the only thing I have is this23D9F9CD-0D32-4677-9D6A-5869F4C7BD88.jpeg

Why?
To scare Ma and Pa Kettle enough that they'll vote Trump.
Fear sells, yo.

do you imagine this is marginally different than how, say, Ulster nationalists said about the Irish, or the Likud says about Palestinians, or Afrikaans said....
I cannot answer that given I don’t really know about those societies, particularly, when you say marginally different.

Most of those folks from the "eastern hemisphere" got here after 1965, which was when the Immigration Act of 1965 was passed during the civil rights movement. Even those those that are allowed are cherry picked, and then have access to certain immigrant benefits like the Wilson/Fish program and state business development programs.

So do you think there is a huge cost, that shows up in multiple ways, for those that had to bear the non-civil load prior to 1965. Versus those who came here voluntarily after most of the dust settled post 1965?

If not, what makes the locals or south of the border folks lazy, not very smart, ignorant of what it takes to raise a child, or too tired from work? What is the cause so we can find a solution,,,a final solution perhaps?
That would be incorrect at least in my wife’s experience. Many of those eastern hemisphere kids are fairly new (within a couple years not mid-60s).

I don’t have a solution for your last questions other than, it is time to nut up (that is joke justin case). There wouldn’t be one solution but several but in the end, can’t help people that don’ want to help themselves. There will always those that have it and those that don’t.

I want to help those that want help themselves but need a little extra help cause if you ain’t growing (mentally and spiritually), you are dying.

I said no such thing.

nor was my father an admin. I stated it was my opinion as a family member in the military. But I seem to have hit a nerve.

My father is a 24 year in Ret Lt. Col, Vietnam Veteran and Air Force Academy Grad. KC-135 pilot. I traveled extensively during his time but Saw very little. I saw the world on my own.

To your second point, the statistics for military make up are easily attained an readily available. But since it seems out of your element to use google, Last I checked PoC make up roughly 20% of the enlisted military and only 13% of the population at large. About 1.5 times more. We can get into all kinds of disparities in enlisted vs officers but I am not going to derail this thread.

An excerpt:

Overall, the military has long promoted itself as one of the most diverse institutions in the country. Indeed, about 43% of the 1.3 million men and women on active duty are people of color. But of the 42 most senior commanders in the military — those with four-star ranks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard — only two are Black: Gen. Charles Q. Brown Jr., the Air Force chief of staff, and Gen. Michael X. Garrett, who leads the Army Forces Command. Gen. Paul M. Nakasone, whose father is a second-generation Japanese American, leads the U.S. Cyber Command.

So while about half the enlisted ranks and some of the field grade officer ranks are diverse, those leading them are not and have not been. It's a huge issue, IMO.

How many times do we need to see this happen?!
==============

A Black man who had run naked through the streets of a western New York city died of asphyxiation after a group of police officers put a hood over his head, then pressed his face into the pavement for two minutes, according to video and records released Wednesday by the man’s family.

Daniel Prude died March 30 after he was taken off life support, seven days after the encounter with police in Rochester. His death received no public attention until Wednesday, when his family held a news conference and released police body camera video and written reports they obtained through a public records request.

“I placed a phone call for my brother to get help. Not for my brother to get lynched,” Prude’s brother, Joe Prude, said at a news conference.

“How did you see him and not directly say, ‘The man is defenseless, buck naked on the ground. He’s cuffed up already. Come on.’ How many more brothers gotta die for society to understand that this needs to stop?”

How many times do we need to see this happen?!
==============

A Black man who had run naked through the streets of a western New York city died of asphyxiation after a group of police officers put a hood over his head, then pressed his face into the pavement for two minutes, according to video and records released Wednesday by the man’s family.

Daniel Prude died March 30 after he was taken off life support, seven days after the encounter with police in Rochester. His death received no public attention until Wednesday, when his family held a news conference and released police body camera video and written reports they obtained through a public records request.

“I placed a phone call for my brother to get help. Not for my brother to get lynched,” Prude’s brother, Joe Prude, said at a news conference.

“How did you see him and not directly say, ‘The man is defenseless, buck naked on the ground. He’s cuffed up already. Come on.’ How many more brothers gotta die for society to understand that this needs to stop?”

One time is an isolated incident. Two times can be coincidence. Three or more times is evidence of a possible trend.

One time is an isolated incident. Two times can be coincidence. Three or more times is evidence of a possible trend.

No disrespect to the LEOs here, but it also shows how ill-trained police are with handling this type of issues. This was clearly a behavioral health matter that required someone with behavioral health expertise. Why cities don't invest in adding these individuals to handle these types of situations is the true tragedy.

Those officers need to be in cuffs.

No disrespect to the LEOs here, but it also shows how ill-trained police are with handling this type of issues. This was clearly a behavioral health matter that required someone with behavioral health expertise. Why cities don't invest in adding these individuals to handle these types of situations is the true tragedy.

Those officers need to be in cuffs.

And this is why the movement to defund the police exists. Take some of the money they are allotted and give it to mental health professionals who should be the ones called for this sort of situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom