Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (2 Viewers)

In the world I'm familiar with, none of that will matter if Rittenhouse was committing a felony by carrying a firearm when and how he was. Deaths that occur while you're engaged in a crime are automatically your fault.
I don’t think you lose your right to defend yourself after you disengage. Colin Noir had a pretty good video on this topic.

I don’t think you lose your right to defend yourself after you disengage. Colin Noir had a pretty good video on this topic.

If carrying a weapon like that in that location is considered a felony, nothing else matters. His right to self defense evaporates.

In the world I'm familiar with, none of that will matter if Rittenhouse was committing a felony by carrying a firearm when and how he was. Deaths that occur while you're engaged in a crime are automatically your fault.
It’s a misdemeanor in Wisc to open carry under 18. I think the open carry crime and shooting may be viewed separately by a DA especially since he was retreating in both shooting incidents.

Last edited:
Cooperating does bring the chances of dying in an encounter with the police down to a very tiny amount (anybody who says different needs to do a little research) but saying 0% is a load of horse crap. Police reform is most definitely needed

Now I will say that those using those statistical outliers as an excuse or justification to resist arrest are just being ridiculous and that had nothing to do with supporting or excusing police who do wrong...it's a matter of survival and common forking sense.
People do occasionally stumble across cobras in the wild and get bitten and killed. Your chances of survival don't go up by taunting and smacking the thing on the nose
You’re right. 0% is horse crap so let me put it like this: if you comply you have a better chance of being hit by lightning on a sunny day. There. Fixed

If carrying a weapon like that in that location is considered a felony, nothing else matters. His right to self defense evaporates.
From what I understand it is not. Misdemeanor at most plus he ran away to include the first victim trying to grab his weapon (per witness) but not all the facts are out.

Oh then how about Philandro Castile. He was pulled over with his wife and 4 year old in the car and when asked to produce his license and registration he informed the officer licensed firearm in the car. The officer told him not to reach for it and he replied I'm not. Seconds later (after not reaching for it) he was shot multiple times.
He wasn't resisting or not complying. He did exactly what he was supposed to - not move and inform the officer that he had a legal firearm in the car. He was still shot to death. There's video of this if anyone wants to see for themselves.
Please supply the link to verify.

There's too much speculation going on.

The problem with walking around with a firearm is that it is very easy for people to misunderstand your intentions. It raises the tension immediately - it's why brandishing a firearm is a misdemeanor. When you have open carry it's different, b/c that isn't considered brandishing, but it's super easy for people to get the wrong idea (or the hidden right idea) about one's intentions.

The problem with walking around with a firearm is that it is very easy for people to misunderstand your intentions. It raises the tension immediately - it's why brandishing a firearm is a misdemeanor. When you have open carry it's different, b/c that isn't considered brandishing, but it's super easy for people to get the wrong idea (or the hidden right idea) about one's intentions.
Totally agree. Louisiana is open carry but I would prefer concealed as some people just can’t handle open carry. Easier for me though given my experience.

Another egregious example was the shooting of John Crawford, who was in Wal-mart buying a bb gun. Someone in the store called 911 and said there was a black man loading a gun and pointing it at people (which was not true - you can see the CCTV). Cops arrived and shot him withing 2 seconds of yelling at him. No charges filed, the city settled with the family.

Agree with this with one exception, walking around with it over your shoulder isn't brandishing. Brandishing would be walking around waving it at people in an aggressive manner. The same thing was said about Blake with the knife and the description didn't fit for either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom