Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (4 Viewers)

Looking some more at some of the video from the gas station confrontation, and there was one armed guy (not Kyle) who looked super jittery, he kept jumping around and had both hands on his gun (pointed down, but in a position to quickly bring it up).

Rosenbaum was definitely super aggressive, but it also sounds like he was complaining about someone pointing a gun at him (I did not see anyone pointing a gun at anyone during that video).
I saw the same thing. I was surprised that no one addressed his usage of the “n” word in that crowd.

Slipped its position and grabbing for the trigger would be my question to determine if it was reasonable. My M-16 has slipped my shoulder at times and I don’t recall every grabbing for the trigger but I would be willing to analyze the evidence.

I guess that would be hard to prove in a jury trial though. If someone is armed, then anyone in any sort of confrontation could probably present enough reasonable doubt that they legitimately felt threatened and were therefore justified in killing the armed victim.

I'm not going through this whole thread. Did you guys see where Kyle used a fire extinguisher to put out their literal dumpster fire? I think that had something to do with the incident.
Yes, it's been discussed, though it doesn't look like him in the video actually putting out the fire, he is seen on video running with an extinguisher. I'd assume to help with that fire or possibly another or maybe he just supplied the extinguisher.

I guess that would be hard to prove in a jury trial though. If someone is armed, then anyone in any sort of confrontation could probably present enough reasonable doubt that they legitimately felt threatened and were therefore justified in killing the armed victim.
I would say possible not probably.

I'll say this about open carry. I have no problem with open carry if it pertains to a side arm that is holstered with a device like a snap to keep it in place or a weapon specifically designed for hunting. A semi-auto rifle with a pistol grip (an AR style rifle) really has no business in an open carry environment.

I'm not a fan of open carry. I fully support concealed carry, but IMO open carry is just done to either intimidate or antagonize people. I also think it can create some confusion with if the person is law enforcement or not. I don't see any real value in it that you don't get from concealed carry.

I'm not a fan of open carry. I fully support concealed carry, but IMO open carry is just done to either intimidate or antagonize people. I also think it can create some confusion with if the person is law enforcement or not. I don't see any real value in it that you don't get from concealed carry.
Same here. If I'm carrying, the last thing I want to do is advertise it. But I'm not a fan of taking away that right altogether either.

I'll say this about open carry. I have no problem with open carry if it pertains to a side arm that is holstered with a device like a snap to keep it in place or a weapon specifically designed for hunting. A semi-auto rifle with a pistol grip (an AR style rifle) really has no business in an open carry environment.
An carbine rifle can be used for hog hunting. Perhaps you are right on the last, but I would probably disagree at this time.

How many times do we need to see this happen?!
==============

A Black man who had run naked through the streets of a western New York city died of asphyxiation after a group of police officers put a hood over his head, then pressed his face into the pavement for two minutes, according to video and records released Wednesday by the man’s family.

Daniel Prude died March 30 after he was taken off life support, seven days after the encounter with police in Rochester. His death received no public attention until Wednesday, when his family held a news conference and released police body camera video and written reports they obtained through a public records request.

“I placed a phone call for my brother to get help. Not for my brother to get lynched,” Prude’s brother, Joe Prude, said at a news conference.

“How did you see him and not directly say, ‘The man is defenseless, buck naked on the ground. He’s cuffed up already. Come on.’ How many more brothers gotta die for society to understand that this needs to stop?”

Cops suspended
=====================

ROCHESTER, N.Y. —Seven police officers have been suspended after the release of a video from March showing a hood being placed on the head of a Black man in police custody who later died, roiling the nation and leading to finger-pointing among local officials.

On Thursday, amid mounting questions about why it took five months for the circumstances of Daniel T. Prude’s death to become public, the graphic video with Prude’s last words went viral, once again forcing Americans to ask whether tactics used by police are too extreme.

With protests and outrage building here and nationwide, the city’s mayor apologized Thursday and rebuked the city’s police chief, who she claimed did not disclose to her the circumstances of the death of Prude, who officials said was having a mental breakdown at the time of his arrest.

“Mr. Daniel Prude was failed by our police, our mental health system, our society and me,” Rochester Mayor Lovely A. Warren (D) said at a news conference Thursday. “And for that, I apologize to the Prude family and all of our community.” .................

so i heard several of the counter-protesters saying they're going to protests and go armed for protection
how does that jibe with both the spirit and letter of the law? (yes, this is the 17 yr old killer's discussion distilled)

can you knowingly put yourself in what you perceive to be harm's way and then still claim self-defense if you use your weapon?
it seems making the decision to go into a dangerous situation removes any plausible self-defense argument

now, if they fibbed and said, "my favorite piggly wiggly is right where they are protesting and i need protection to shop there" i could see that argument have some traction, but the 'i brought gasoline to a fire, but it's not arson' argument seems hella weak

Cops suspended
=====================

ROCHESTER, N.Y. —Seven police officers have been suspended after the release of a video from March showing a hood being placed on the head of a Black man in police custody who later died, roiling the nation and leading to finger-pointing among local officials.

On Thursday, amid mounting questions about why it took five months for the circumstances of Daniel T. Prude’s death to become public, the graphic video with Prude’s last words went viral, once again forcing Americans to ask whether tactics used by police are too extreme.

With protests and outrage building here and nationwide, the city’s mayor apologized Thursday and rebuked the city’s police chief, who she claimed did not disclose to her the circumstances of the death of Prude, who officials said was having a mental breakdown at the time of his arrest.

“Mr. Daniel Prude was failed by our police, our mental health system, our society and me,” Rochester Mayor Lovely A. Warren (D) said at a news conference Thursday. “And for that, I apologize to the Prude family and all of our community.” .................

there is no ambiguity about this one
they were called bc of mental health issues, found a naked/unarmed man and in due course, killed him
that's 2nd degree, life, no parole

so i heard several of the counter-protesters saying they're going to protests and go armed for protection
how does that jibe with both the spirit and letter of the law? (yes, this is the 17 yr old killer's discussion distilled)

can you knowingly put yourself in what you perceive to be harm's way and then still claim self-defense if you use your weapon?
it seems making the decision to go into a dangerous situation removes any plausible self-defense argument

now, if they fibbed and said, "my favorite piggly wiggly is right where they are protesting and i need protection to shop there" i could see that argument have some traction, but the 'i brought gasoline to a fire, but it's not arson' argument seems hella weak

I think that argument only holds true if they stay on Piggy Wiggly property and wait for something to happen to it. Can you claim to be protecting Piggy Wiggly and them roam around the streets?

An carbine rifle can be used for hog hunting. Perhaps you are right on the last, but I would probably disagree at this time.
Open carry only allowed for sidearms. Sidearms must remain holstered with a snap or other device preventing easy fall out. All other firearms, open carry only allowed for transporting within 100 yds of designated hunting area, range, licenced dealer (to include gun show) or repair shop and must be unloaded with any magazine clip removed and stored during transport.

I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Last edited:
Open carry only allowed for sidearms. Sidearms must remain holstered with a snap or other device preventing easy fall out. All other weaponry open carry only allowed for transporting (must be unloaded) within 100 yds of designated hunting area, range, licenced dealer (to include gun show) or repair shop and must be unloaded with any magazine clip removed and stored during transport.

I'd be perfectly fine with that.
I dunno, I would want to have further discussions. I do appreciate your perspective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom