Another police shooting - this time in Wisconsin... (1 Viewer)

https://news.yahoo.com/jury-acquits-gifford-man-claimed-195415308.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-shot-cops-unrest-floyd-death-acquitted-79823107

Both black, both fired on police, both not guilty becasue of self defense. These were not toy guns though, so not sure if that had a part to play the guys getting off on self defense.

So maybe the media coverage had to do with the 'white nationalist' false narrative?

A few examples don't outweigh what is and has been the norm for how black Americans are treated vs. how white Americans are in this country by law enforcement and in courtroom.

You're welcome to try again on whatever point you were trying to make.
If you haven't been in this thread since I joined to get my call backs....

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle is an antiquated saying.. and I guess now it's a transphobic saying.

There is no, if he was, If this happened, if that happened. if someone else.

WHAT HAPPENED HAPPENED. and if you want to compare it to something, it isn't apples to apples.

:poop: Happens.

Ifs and buts...

Last edited:
Why? It fits the fact that he went looking for trouble.
Maybe, but you do realize he has family/relatives who live there, and the town is hardly new to him? Not to mention the town he lives in is 30 minutes away. It's irrelevant.

He could have live across the street and been looking for trouble. My point stands whether it's across the street or 30 minutes away.

A few examples don't outweigh what is and has been the norm for how black Americans are treated vs. how white Americans are in this country by law enforcement and in courtroom.
A coincidental few days in regards to criminal justice

White guy who has a gun acquitted of shooting 3 white guys chasing him

in WI

3 white guys all found guilty on multiple murder counts for chasing and shooting a black guy

in GA

Black guy gets charged with 6 murders who has been given repeated chances to stay out of jail , charged multiple times with resisting and no claims he was assaulted or shot by officers

In Wi and GA (also NV)

We can always talk in specific cases, we can also always talk about the cases the media tells us to talk about and what to say and think introducing hypotheticals and misinformation

We also saw a guy get 41 months after spending 300+ days in solitary for trespassing on the politicians tax payer paid work space using the same media to create the outrage of the event as worse than Pearl Harbor all the while refusing to release the video under the idea that the layout of the lobby is national security as they ignored civilian communities burn and will give those offenders a pass

Last edited:

in WI

3 white guys all found guilty on multiple murder counts for chasing and shooting a black guy

in GA

Black guy gets charged with 6 murders who has been given repeated chances to stay out of jail , charged multiple times with resisting and no claims he was assaulted or shot by officers

In Wi and GA (also NV)

We can always talk in specific cases, we can also always talk about the cases the media tells us to talk about and what to say and think introducing hypotheticals and misinformation

We also saw a guy get 41 months after spending 300+ days in solitary for trespassing on the politicians tax payer paid work space using the same media to create the outrage of the event as worse than Pearl Harbor all the while refusing to release the video under the idea that the layout of the lobby is national security as they ignored civilian communities burn and will give those offenders a pass
So your conclusion to the week is ‘that poor insurrectionist’?

It’s early and I haven’t had coffee yet but that was the goofiest take I’ve seen on the subject, and that’s saying something. It was a high bar to reach, but he went over it like the hot pole vaulting chick we used to have a thread about.

I think people should be punished after conviction and sentenced to a appropriate term that applies to their crime - 300 + days of solidarity confinement pre-trial isn’t appropriate IMO

He wasn’t charged with insurrection that’s what the media and politicians and their followers like to run with but not what he convicted of

The real conclusion is that in two very similar cases the rule of law played out as planned - those that pursued lost on self defense despite those who insist on ignoring the law because they chose sides most likely because that watch media and Twitter etc

Why is that? Cause I don't buy into the whole divide and conquer narrative from Fox and the rest of the MSM?

That poor demonized child that "has to live with those deaths" or however lamely you put it is now doing the right wing crazy circuit, the only time those deaths seemed to weigh heavily on him was when he was on the stand and in fear that he may be going to prison....save your BS for someone else

I think people should be punished after conviction and sentenced to a appropriate term that applies to their crime - 300 + days of solidarity confinement pre-trial isn’t appropriate IMO

He wasn’t charged with insurrection that’s what the media and politicians and their followers like to run with but not what he convicted of

The real conclusion is that in two very similar cases the rule of law played out as planned - those that pursued lost on self defense despite those who insist on ignoring the law because they chose sides most likely because that watch media and Twitter etc
Wha?
The only thing remotely similar is that wypipo decided to arm up and go hunt
We’ve already lost the narrative, but the story of Georgia is that the apparatus tried to protect an execution in broad daylight- they would have been free today except for the pressure of the family and a fortuitous leak of video

And it was an attempted insurrection- full stop

in WI

in GA

In Wi and GA (also NV)

None of what I'm getting at is about the media or a narrative. I'm not writing off your examples, I'm just saying that they're irrelevant to my broader point - which was that the Rittenhouse case wasn't about 'media' or 'white supremacy' as much as it is shining a glaring light on how black and brown people are treated by Police vs. white people.

It's no comparison. It always has been and will be wrong.

Awareness brings about change. That's what I want, personally and I think everyone should want. A path to less cases like this where injustices are committed. Writing things off or saying that both sides experience it is just erroneous and only contributes to the issue, in my opinion. I understand the media can and does spin up division, but in many cases the narrative is actually the one we'd all like to move toward, even if it's done in a 24/7, in your face way.

A parting factoid that you may have already known -- if it weren't for social pressure and 'media', Ahmaud Arbery's killers would still be on the loose. I thank social media for that.

Last edited:
Maybe, but you do realize he has family/relatives who live there, and the town is hardly new to him? Not to mention the town he lives in is 30 minutes away. It's irrelevant.

He could have live across the street and been looking for trouble. My point stands whether it's across the street or 30 minutes away.

Maybe I misspoke as to my point. I'll rephrase:

You really do not think that traveling somewhere to brandish a weapon around a large group of people is looking for trouble?

Maybe I misspoke as to my point. I'll rephrase:

You really do not think that traveling somewhere to brandish a weapon around a large group of people is looking for trouble?
I don’t think a cosplay soldier of fortune, a pedophile, and a man that beats women were looking for a tea party at 2am.

Was it uncovered during the trial as to who lit the dumpster on fire? Wasn’t that the starting point in all of this?

Bottom line is they were all messing around, and they all found out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom