Another positive change that hasn't been talked about much this year... (1 Viewer)

saintsinNO

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
...Sean Payton's play calling. He has always been great during most games keeping teams off balance, but he seemed to make a not so great call in critical situations (reverse on 4 and 1, ect.). I know we haven't really been in too many tough spots this year, but that can be credited to his play calling. He is scripting great opening drives and we have scored on all but one if I'm correct. He is still calling great games, but eliminating the big mistakes. With all of the credit for Greg Williams and Brees (rightfully so) Payton deserves a lot too. 7 TD's by 7 different players is a result of great play calling and QB play. Haven't really been in a close one yet like I said, but I just wanted to give some credit to Payton for the job that he is doing with the play calling, not to mention keeping the team focused. He is also committed to the run which is paying off...

I think it's been talked about a lot actually.

Especially after the wins over Buffalo and the Jets, the way we ran the ball when the other team decided to stop the pass at all costs.

You are correct, Payton is a changed man.

But you can tell yesterday, he was back in his happy place! He loves when Brees throws it all over the field. And I do too for that matter. But look how he started to run the ball when we had the 34-17 lead in the 2nd half. He knows we have to be a TOP team (pun intended).

SP has been great this year. The balance we have on offense is making it really hard for teams to stop us.

I think it's been talked about a lot actually.

Especially after the wins over Buffalo and the Jets, the way we ran the ball when the other team decided to stop the pass at all costs.

You are correct, Payton is a changed man.

But you can tell yesterday, he was back in his happy place! He loves when Brees throws it all over the field. And I do too for that matter. But look how he started to run the ball when we had the 34-17 lead in the 2nd half. He knows we have to be a TOP team (pun intended).

I thought it was pretty awesome that he asked the offensive line what kind of plays they wanted to do for the Buffalo game. We definitely thrived from it :9:

SP has been great this year. The balance we have on offense is making it really hard for teams to stop us.

How about an 8 minute drive to start off the game and it's 7-0?

That's demoralizing.

We have been raving about Payton play calling and his commitment to the run this year.

We have been raving about Payton play calling and his commitment to the run this year.

Yeah, I guess so, I was more talking about the lack of the critical mistake call that has been there in the past...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom