Another possible draft day trade (1 Viewer)

I e-mailed them on Thursday, and asked that they NOT have us picking a Center in the second round! Yikes! I even mentioned to them about Goodwins new 3 year deal to be our center. I guess someone should e-mail them, and mention that Matt Lehr is an adequate backup, who we just signed, and we are 'good" at center. :)
I wonder who Earl Doucet is? LOL
I love the trade downs, for extra picks, but I just can't see us picking a center at # 40 or # 47 in the second round. I am I missing something? I think we have more pressing needs at" CB, DT, LB, WR, then TE. Then pick a center in the 7th!!

Shockey is just bad news, stay away.

The most successful people that I have been exposed to "it doesn't matter a persons line of work" are the people that are outspoken and opinionated!! They are leaders!!! Some would prefer that we acquire players that will accept loosing and take there paycheck and go home to there big house and sleep soundly. Jeremy Shockey strikes me as the kind that losing keeps him up at night. Thats who I would want to go to battle with everytime. If you say that he is an injury risk maybe you are right but if you say he is a cancer IMHO you are wrong. Jeremy Shockey has a desire to WIN above all else and will not shy away from conflict just to maintain a peaceful lockerroom. He is a warrior and will leave his guts on the field to WIN. He is exactly the kind of player we need on this team and I would turn cartwheel if we where fortunate enough to get him.

Why would the Vikings trade with us when Harvey will probably be there when they pick? Even if Harvey is gone I'm sure Philip Merling will be there who probably is arguably the better of the 2 DE's.

Why would the Vikings trade with us when Harvey will probably be there when they pick? Even if Harvey is gone I'm sure Philip Merling will be there who probably is arguably the better of the 2 DE's.

Good point the earliest I would see him going off the board would be a 13 to the panthers after that either the Lions or the Cards could be a landing spot. So if the earliest is 13 why not just trade with the Bronco's it would be less expensive.

The most successful people that I have been exposed to "it doesn't matter a persons line of work" are the people that are outspoken and opinionated!! They are leaders!!!

I rather have people like Colston that lead by example, not by loud mouth. I think Brees is a pretty good leader on offense, and Fujita or Vilma will suffice on defense.

I like trading down this year, as long as Shockey or Lito aren't involved. We need the extra picks.

Merling is a beast, but a project... a little iffy, but a huge upside.

Good point the earliest I would see him going off the board would be a 13 to the panthers after that either the Lions or the Cards could be a landing spot. So if the earliest is 13 why not just trade with the Bronco's it would be less expensive.

I wish this trade would happen cause we could easily have 3 new starters. But this draft is deep on defense and I don't see many trades happening especially this one. No team between us and them have any glaring needs at DE. That's like us trading up for a CB when we know one of the top ones will be there when we pick.

i like it, i'd love to get another 2nd rounder.
but they dont even have Rivers going in the first round???:confused:

This is TENORDAS posting under Primadox:

So some sportswriter has finally figured out Rivers is not all that and put him into the 2nd round. Well done. I don't get all these people who tout Rivers as a top 10 pick, much less even a 1st rounder. Compare the stats between him, Dan Connor (considered as "on the cusp" of the 1st to 2nd round), and Ali Highsmith (considered to be about a 4th to 5th round pick):

Dan Connor:
2007: Led the league and ranked seventh nationally (eighth in average with 11.15 hits per game) with a career-high 145 tackles (69 solos)…Registered 6.5 sacks for minus 50 yards and 15 stops for losses of 63 yards…Recovered two fumbles, deflected six passes and intercepted another for a 2-yard return…Led a unit that ranked seventh nationally in rush defense (93.77 ypg) and scoring defense (17.54 ppg), and 11th in total defense (308.23 ypg)…On 115 running plays he was involved in, he held the opposition to 247 yards (2.15 yards per carry)…Registered 28 third-down tackles, including 18 vs. the run and added five more fourth-down stops…In addition to his fifteen stops for losses, he tackled opposing ball carriers at the line of scrimmage for no gain fourteen times.
Ali Highsmith:
2007: 101 tackles (49 solo), 9 for losses of 39 yards, 3 QB sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovered, 8 passes deflected.
Keith Rivers:
2007: 78 tackles (44 solo), 5 for losses of 15 yards, 1 QB pressure, 1 forced fumble, 3 fumbles recovered, 4 passes deflected.

So because Highsmith ran a 4.94 at the combine (4.7 at the LSU Pro Day) and Rivers ran a 4.54 at USC's Pro Day (he skipped the combine 40), Highsmith is a 4-5 round and Rivers is top 10? Don't even get me started between him and Connor. I think it's ridiculous. If Rivers is a top 10 pick, he'll be the bust of the draft. He's a 3rd round pick elevated because he played at USC - and that despite not even playing dominantly at all at USC. Both he and Highsmith were helped by the incredible defensive lines in front of them, but in reality they are both very average players. Connor is easily the best of the LBer corps. Rivers is well back in the pack, not only behind Connor, but also behind Mayo, Lofton, Henderson, and Adibi in MHO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom