Another Presidential Poll: McCain or Obama (1 Viewer)

Presidential choice.

• John McCain (R)

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Barack Obama (D)

Votes: 45 45.0%
  • Third Party

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
>>It would be very easy for an intelligent non partisan person to draw a conclusion at this point.

So that explains why you are totally decided, correct? :hihi:

I never said it was a requirement, just a possibility. :mwink: My point is having your mind made up when there is such a wealth of information available on the candidates at this point doesn't preclude you from being intelligent and non partisan.

I voted third party in the "pole" since I am considering voting for the Constitution Party or Libertarian Party candidates, but fear a close election might prompt me to vote for McCain. It's hard not to like Obama, but I can't vote for him.

TPS, I get the non-partisan vs partisan stuff... but ideology - yeah, you definitely have one of those just like the rest of us.

Running mates will affect my decision more this year than in the past. Regardless of the what job the Vice President actually has, it will say a lot about the candidates.

In the case of John McCain, it's not impossible that the VP candidate could be President during his term. That's a big deal to me.

This is one of the things that could tip it for me as well. If Obama chose Clinton or McCain chose Huckster those could be deal breakers for me. If they both go that route I'll be voting 3rd part for the 4th straight time.

I voted third party in the "pole" since I am considering voting for the Constitution Party or Libertarian Party candidates, but fear a close election might prompt me to vote for McCain. It's hard not to like Obama, but I can't vote for him.

Constitution Party? No way for me. The "laws based on the Bible" and "Christian nation" positions put them on my never in a million years list. Huckabee should run on their ticket. :hihi:

>>For me, if these are the choices, I'll be able to vote for someone and not against someone. That's nice. I can see good things coming out of both possibilities.

Good post Brazil. This is something I alluded to in another thread in a reply to 77.

>>Shawn on VP's

Also could be a dealbreaker for me. Mitt Romney is not someone I will be voting for under any cirucmstances. Hillary would only have been voted for had she been running in an extremely close election against Romney until I x'd her out too. A decision to add either of those candidates to the respective tickets would sway me enormously from one or both of these presumptive candidates. Intersetingly enough, Hillary would probably be a pretty good VP for the country if she was properly managed. She's a brilliant woman with a strong grasp on many issues.

>>TPS, I get the non-partisan vs partisan stuff... but ideology - yeah, you definitely have one of those just like the rest of us.

You are the third most intelligent poltiical poster on the site. Clearly I'm first. :hihi: Severum automatically is 1a. That leaves you for next. SoonerJim is automatically disqualified :17: . We all have "ideologies" but I'm not an idealogue nor do I commit to made-for-radio-or-tv ideologies. I just don't believe that's a realistic way to approach life or politics. Positions are moving targets for me. I'm not an either/or all or nothing type of individual. The more real-life education I amass, the more I change or refine specific issues. There is no made-for-politics ideology that I fit in comfortably, so I choose my own path and candidates based on my understanding of reality.

TPS

This is one of the things that could tip it for me as well. If Obama chose Clinton or McCain chose Huckster those could be deal breakers for me. If they both go that route I'll be voting 3rd part for the 4th straight time.

At this point I cannot see McCain choosing the Huckster. Maybe if Huck had gracefully bowed out of the race this week, but now he has declared that he wants to take it all the way to the convention.

At this point I cannot see McCain choosing the Huckster. Maybe if Huck had gracefully bowed out of the race this week, but now he has declared that he wants to take it all the way to the convention.

I'm expecting a McCain - Romney ticket. That wouldn't bother me at all. Romney's strength, the economy, is McCain's weakness. I think Romney would bring some good material to the ticket on that front.

I know Mitt's a flip flopping say anything political chameleon. No way I'd vote for him on the top of a ticket. However, I'm not "scared" of him becoming President like Hillary or The Huckster so he wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

If the election were held today and all I got to know about each candidate was what I already knew, I'd pull the lever for Obama. Just barely. McCain has yet to choose his running mate and start the mad dash for the center, so he could regain my vote. Just as Obama still has lots of time to come apart at the seams like Dean and lose my vote.

>>I know Mitt's a flip flopping say anything political chameleon. No way I'd vote for him on the top of a ticket. However, I'm not "scared" of him becoming President like Hillary or The Huckster so he wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Those two scare me far less than Romney. Should McCain announce him today and not at the convention, I won't be voting for McCain. He turns 72 on August 29th so will be 76½ at the end of his first term. Reagan was senile and we don't need the foxes running the coop again. Should McCain draft someone else for his ticket, I'll take a hard look at him or her at that point.

TPS

TPS... Once I'd decided for Fred, I stopped looking at the field. I never did look at Romney. What was the bad on him?

Like I said... someone who didn't run... that's the way to go.

Being both unintelligent and partisan, I voted McCain.

>>TPS... Once I'd decided for Fred, I stopped looking at the field. I never did look at Romney. What was the bad on him?

He tells people what he thinks they want to hear based on what he's running for. I've never seen a presidential contender with more flip flops than Romney. He's also entirely too slick which may be a plus for some but was a negative for me. Everything about him screams, "POLITICIAN" which was enough for me to cross him off the list second (Tancredo was first).

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom