another pro-Bush post (1 Viewer)

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The announcers probably made a pretty big deal about this (I did see it was replayed), but since I had no volume I cant be sure...

But I loved on one of our first plays, Reggie picked up the blitz and upended the DB (flipped into the air), and didnt even lose balance doing it...it wasnt like he had to dive to make the block...he simply nailed the guy and then went out for a route. I thought it was awesome:)

The announcers probably made a pretty big deal about this (I did see it was replayed), but since I had no volume I cant be sure...

But I loved on one of our first plays, Reggie picked up the blitz and upended the DB (flipped into the air), and didnt even lose balance doing it...it wasnt like he had to dive to make the block...he simply nailed the guy and then went out for a route. I thought it was awesome:)

Well, just as important, he picked the right guy to get. Instead of blocking down (as many RBs tend to do) and leaving the corner unblocked, he blocked further up, nailed the CB, and therefore gave Brees the corner he needed to rollout away from the LB.

I hadnt even thought about that.

That was an awesome block. Just tossed that guy up in the air.

He had 2 real good blitz pickups today.

It was really impressive. Bush is not your everyday scatback-- he's a strong dude.

This thought is a little outside the box, so bear with me. Even though Reggie's numbers aren't good, he's still contributing immensely. How, you might ask? Just being on the field. For 8 games, defenses have been determined, scheming to stop Reggie Bush. They've all been stacking the box to not let Reggie run. So, in my opinion, it has helped the rest of the team gel. The passing stats don't lie. When Reggie was drafted, all you heard was, "Reggie this." and "Reggie that". Other teams were determined to not let Reggie do what he was supposed to do, run up big numbers. Well, even though Reggie is not running up big numbers, opposing teams are still planning their defenses to stop Reggie, which allows the rest of the team to put up the big numbers. Noone wants to be the first team to let Reggie run amuck, so they scheme. So, Reggie will get his numbers. It'll take time, but it will happen. I know it's frustrating to Reggie, because he is as much of a team player as everybody else is. So, if I knew that Reggie would see this message, I would say one thing. Don't worry Reggie. It'll come. Just don't give up and keep playing hard.

This thought is a little outside the box, so bear with me. Even though Reggie's numbers aren't good, he's still contributing immensely. How, you might ask? Just being on the field. For 8 games, defenses have been determined, scheming to stop Reggie Bush. They've all been stacking the box to not let Reggie run. So, in my opinion, it has helped the rest of the team gel. The passing stats don't lie. When Reggie was drafted, all you heard was, "Reggie this." and "Reggie that". Other teams were determined to not let Reggie do what he was supposed to do, run up big numbers. Well, even though Reggie is not running up big numbers, opposing teams are still planning their defenses to stop Reggie, which allows the rest of the team to put up the big numbers. Noone wants to be the first team to let Reggie run amuck, so they scheme. So, Reggie will get his numbers. It'll take time, but it will happen. I know it's frustrating to Reggie, because he is as much of a team player as everybody else is. So, if I knew that Reggie would see this message, I would say one thing. Don't worry Reggie. It'll come. Just don't give up and keep playing hard.

take a look at BClemms thread below...all 3 TD passes were play action to Bush. If that doesnt support what you say, I dont know what does.

All the posts I read about Reggie's performance - being him not hitting the wholes are the o line, nobody never mentioned that the whole game Tampa was putting 8 men in the box. At one point I counted 9. Nobody in the NFL can run the ball with that many in the box. Tampa did this the whole game and never changed there plan. They dared us to throw the ball and we did. This was the same thing with the Ravens game. There is the problem and that is a lot of respect for a rookie, RB with a bad knee, and a new o line.

All the posts I read about Reggie's performance - being him not hitting the wholes are the o line, nobody never mentioned that the whole game Tampa was putting 8 men in the box. At one point I counted 9. Nobody in the NFL can run the ball with that many in the box. Tampa did this the whole game and never changed there plan. They dared us to throw the ball and we did. This was the same thing with the Ravens game. There is the problem and that is a lot of respect for a rookie, RB with a bad knee, and a new o line.

Good post and I completely agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom