Another quick summary from last night (1 Viewer)

I will say this about PJ's TD that he gave up. He was in good position the QB threw an excellent pass, and I wonder if he could have made a play on the ball even if he had seen it coming.

At that speed and angle, if PJ tries turns to locate the ball, there is a very good chance he loses the WR and doesn't find the ball anyways. I prefer he play it the way he did. Cue the WR's eyes and hands, stick to him, try and time your swipe at his hands when the ball arrives. Unfortunately it was a well placed throw with subtle, late reactions from the WR, and PJ missed on the swipe. He plays it just like he did there and he will force an incompletion a lot of times. On his later INT, he was on top of the WR with a much easier angle toward the QB, and less room for the WR to operate. In that scenario, he could afford to find the ball without sacrificing coverage.

He played it smart both times. Unfortunately the first case was less flashy and the offense made a play.

It seems like we were so tired of the broken defense that we missed on some olinemen later in the draft.

I'm just now watching the game for the 1st time. Coleman looks like he may have just played his way off of the roster. Ellerbe looks really good I hope he can stay on the field.
PJ Williams is a solid cover corner

It seems like we were so tired of the broken defense that we missed on some olinemen later in the draft.

But those guards that were pegged to be drafted in those rounds are currently on our team.

It was just not a good draft for lineman, the one we wanted (Garnett) was picked as a reach from good ol' Chip Kelly.

But those guards that were pegged to be drafted in those rounds are currently on our team.

It was just not a good draft for lineman, the one we wanted (Garnett) was picked as a reach from good ol' Chip Kelly.

True. Turner and Allen?

RJ Harris should be ahead of Coleman on the depth chart

I liked what I saw from the first unit O-Line, though I would have liked to have seen Watt, Cooks, and Snead in the game.

Except for a fumbled punt return, and inexperienced DB not playing the ball and an uncalled defensive holding resulting in an interception (Peat's job on that play was to clear the throwing lane for the quick slant that was bear hugged) the first units were good. The game would turn in time. No real complaints other than beings out-muscled on the off-tackle runs.

To be outraged by the later play is to not grasp the conditions and that's okay.

The first team needs more reps. Stay healthy, play a complete game, and we're in good shape.

Right now we look like a playoff team but not a world beater. We'll have to give that time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom