Another Rapoport Tweet About Payton (1 Viewer)

Or saying this past season took a toll is another way of saying it and he is off recharging his batteries.

It's playing loose with facts and Rappaport has been wrong the last 4 years (where you said he's more right than wrong in most instances)

Clearly his "sauces" are weak.

Underhill now running with the effectively the same story. In the interests of consistency I hope you’re prepared to attack his credibility and suggest he’s simply in the business of manufacturing stories for clicks.

Underhill now running with the effectively the same story. In the interests of consistency I hope you’re prepared to attack his credibility and suggest he’s simply in the business of manufacturing stories for clicks.

Did you read it ? Happen to hear his podcast?

His story, based on what he said on his podcast, isn't the same.

Effectively

Did you read it ? Happen to hear his podcast?

His story, based on what he said on his podcast, isn't the same.

Effectively
I did listen, and what Underhill did confirm, was that:

- He had been hearing rumours from week 13 that Payton was burnt out.

- The focus on survival rather than advancement was exhausting.

- He was frustrated by the offense.

- The inquiries from the TV networks are real.

- The fact he is not contactable by people who usually have a line to him is real.

- He left without conducting the player evaluations that, in any other season, would have taken place by now.

I won’t go into any further detail because I want to support Nick and think everybody should pay to subscribe to him. Suffice to say it was open to him to say there was nothing to this and to shut it down, and instead he didn’t, because in his own words he is “alert” to the situation even if, on balance, he does think it’s more probable than not that Payton comes back.

I did listen, and what Underhill did confirm, was that:

- He had been hearing rumours from week 13 that Payton was burnt out.

- The focus on survival rather than advancement was exhausting.

- He was frustrated by the offense.

- The inquiries from the TV networks are real.

- The fact he is not contactable by people who usually have a line to him is real.

- He left without conducting the player evaluations that, in any other season, would have taken place by now.

I won’t go into any further detail because I want to support Nick and think everybody should pay to subscribe to him. Suffice to say it was open to him to say there was nothing to this and to shut it down, and instead he didn’t, because in his own words he is “alert” to the situation even if, on balance, he does think it’s more probable than not that Payton comes back.

Which is not what Rappaport laid out.

But somehow you think it is. Effectively the same. It's not. It's more informational than Rappaort , less speculative in guessing and just stating the obvious.

Rappaport made it sensational by stating Sean was "not committed " to return . That was his first sentence. Was that confirmed by Nick?

No. So again as I said way back, Rappaport has no direct source to Sean like Nick or Jay. For this exact reason.

The rumors are true

Kevin James will be returning for Paul Blart Mall Cop 3

After what had to be the most stressful season for any coach, I don't blame Payton at all if he wanted to just unplug for a bit and go on vacation with his model wife.

I get so tired of this crap every year. If you gone go just go SP. This is nothing but a plot if he do broadcast to get to Dallas the following year. Who knows how SP contract is set up. Every year its something with this guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom