Another Rapoport Tweet About Payton (1 Viewer)

He didn't say that. They delayed the start of player evaluations and SP gave all of his coaches and scouts off instead of doing it immediately after the season.
Thank you. Then im gonna hold out hope he’s telling everyone to get rested up and coming back to raise hell next year.

I wish I had the level of confidence that you guys do that this is a non-story. Payton has already stepped back from some of his other duties like serving on the competition committee. He has been in the head coach role for 15 years. It’s obviously a taxing job and he’s got a new wife who is probably commanding some attention.

The article is clear that this is not about Payton leaving to coach elsewhere. It’s based on the view that he needs a break and is considering retirement. Rapaport isn’t my favourite journalist but I doubt he’s the sort of person to go to print without semi-credible sources.

He stepped away from the competition committee because the NFL wasn't really interested in fixing the officiating problems that's hurting the game.

And Payton has not publicly came out and said that he's retiring. So you can believe what some of these reporters are saying or you can believe what comes out of Payton's mouth directly. I think the correct choice is obvious...

And you are wrong about Ian Rapoport reporting on something without credible source back in 2016 he stated that the Saints were trading Sean Payton to the 49ers. Here is the link from his twitter account:

And this turned out to be completely false. In fact Rapoport made several incorrect news reports on the Saints over the years.

Last edited:
From these reports, you would swear we sucked the last couple of years or
Something…

He didn't say that. They delayed the start of player evaluations and SP gave all of his coaches and scouts off instead of doing it immediately after the season.
Which makes sense considering the season ended earlier than usual.

What smoke???

A speculation piece written with no substantive facts other than the season was "trying".

He is under contract til 2026. So why exactly does he have to "inform" Gayle of his intent to return?

How many times must he deny rumors to satisfy the speculating public or give credence to Rappaport?

There is a reason "insiders" like Rappaport or Schefter are not privy to info like Glazer. Some things aren't meant for public consumption just to build your reputation. Glazer understands this. They don't.

His stepping away from competition committee has more to do with the farce it is than his looking to shed responsibilities.

As for "journalism".. if you think what Rappaport does is "journalism" then you probably think the WWE is real. I can't help ya there.

It's like some lack critical thinking.

Thanks to Jeff Asher. These are Rappaport...2015, 16, 17 and 2022. Lolol

Brother if you would like my address to send a handwritten apology I will DM it to you.

Brother if you would like my address to send a handwritten apology I will DM it to you.
Those of us who could tell this was what was going on definitely had to listen to some bs, but in his defense it wasn’t just him. There were a few. There will be no apologies or admittance of being wrong tho, of that I’m quite sure.

Well, maybe that’s just more of our “rampant speculation.” And maybe we are just continuing to show our lack of critical thinking. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom