Another reported school shooting... (1 Viewer)

They got the shooter.

2 kids and 1 teacher shot. So far all alive, but in hospital, no word on condition.

Kicked out of school before for a gun, homeschooled, killed his dad, then went to the school.

In before the second amendment BS, as a parent, why the hell would you keep guns in your house after your kid was already kicked out for having one on campus.

Also a hats off to the responders and school procedures which limited this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just terrible

sometimes you can't help but hate human beings

More guns is obviously the answer.

So, it turns out the guy that stopped the shooting had a gun on his person.

No information about whether or not it contributed to ending the shooting.
A teacher at the school called 911 to report a shooting and the call brought out a first responder who subdued the gunman. That's what happened. There is no need for twisting any facts to try and support a warped, fanatical gun rights agenda.

Since 2012 on average there has been a school shooting per week in the US. Might want to start a general school shooting thread or subforum or just new off-topic board since this one seems to be about shootings.

Perhaps teachers should be allowed to get certified to carry a weapon themselves to protect the kids.

I'm sure some of you now think I'm a murderous lunatic for that idea. But liberals always do think that about anyone who isn't liberal.

It's fine though. We are used to seeing lefties standing on the graves of dead children in order to punish their political opponents.

Perhaps teachers should be allowed to get certified to carry a weapon themselves to protect the kids.

I'm sure some of you now think I'm a murderous lunatic for that idea. But liberals always do think that about anyone who isn't liberal.

It's fine though. We are used to seeing lefties standing on the graves of dead children in order to punish their political opponents.

we can't even trust the teachers not to have sex with middle schoolers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh yay. Another liberal wants dead kids posts. God I love these things.

Ok. Play along here. I have 31 kids. We have a well practiced emergency set of procedures to limit events and to protect students. A set of procedures that I believe works well.

So you want teachers to carry guns. Ok. Let's say mr bad guy is on the playground with a gun. As a teacher my first job is to get kids to safety and secure the immediate area so kids don't get hurt. Most shooters on a campus are there for a certain target, so the less people around the better. Bad things happen, first step is to make the situation as manageable as possible. Once tucked and locked away, what do you want me to do. Leave the kids and go Dirty Harry? No. I need to keep kids calmed, quiet and under control. Last thing needed are a bunch of freaked out kids.

Now, I've been in some situations to know a lot of adults panic so I also know I'm covering their rear ends to make sure everyone is good. Now at my school the vast majority are women, none of which have ever fired a weapon. There are exactly 3 guys on staff that have time with a firearm as the NRA/2nd amendment crowd isn't a sizable subset of teachers. So that's what we have to work with. I also know that a person with a gun will immediately take out someone they see as a threat. Which is why you don't see police run blindly into a situation. It gives an advantage to the shooter, not the cop. Now assume I am able to take a shot. Are there kids around? If so I'm not taking the shot. Also, most guns someone would carry as being completely concealed suck past 15-20 yards. Which means with most situations that shot is very difficult to get or make. In the ideal setting. Being shot at on a playground totally unexpected is not a situation that is going to make for a high accuracy shot. Give me my 300 Weatherby and I'd take the shot on the far side of campus, however that isn't possible. With my 9mm, not so much. It sounds good sitting in your chair, not so much when you look at the logistics, how it fits into an action plan and the realistic situation and untrained person would face. Even our campus security cop (active duty police officer) shook his head when we were joking about it one day.

Now here is the other thing that people don't think of. Teacher concealed carries. Kids will figure out who. Now if a group of kids decide to jump the teacher for their gun, what does that teacher do? Shoot the kids? Allow the kids to get their weapon? Answer that question. Where does one draw a line there?

It's stupid and completely impractical. Let alone the huge issues of lawsuits.

If you would like to know what I've been through in my course of teaching, just pm me. I'm certain I have much more experience in these situations than anyone here but possibly uniformed officers in this situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, you poor precious snowflake
Sorry the libs are so politically incorrect forcing you to get all up in your victim feels

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom