Another Russian indicted and arrested as foreign agent (1 Viewer)

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A Russian national with alleged ties to a top Russian official was charged in federal court in Washington Monday with conspiracy to act as an agent of the Russian Federation, and was ordered held without bond.

Maria Butina, 29, was arrested Sunday in the District and made her first appearance in U.S. District Court before Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson. Her attorney, Robert Neil Driscoll, told the judge that Butina’s residence was searched by the FBI in April, that she had testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee in a closed session several months ago, and that “we have been offering to cooperate with the government the entire time.”
. . .
Butina is accused of developing relationships with American politicians and a “gun rights organization,” none of which are named in the affidavit supporting the criminal complaint. FBI Special Agent Kevin Helson wrote that Butina was attempting to “establish a ‘back channel’ communication for representatives of the Government of Russia.”
Maria Butina, Russian gun rights advocate, charged in U.S. with acting as Russian Federation agent

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But we love the Russian Gov't now. in fact, we trust Putin more than our own FBI and CIA...
Putin and Kim Jong Un our best allies now!! They are swell guys.

Its like I'm watching a bad episode of Black Mirror.....

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm absolutely certain that if Hillary were doing what Trump is doing now, she would have been impeached months ago. You betcha the Republicans in Congress would have salivated at just such a scenario. I mean, if she was ignoring our intelligence agencies like Trump does, she'd be toast. The hypocrisy is disgusting, but seems to be par for the course in recent years. That's really sad.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm absolutely certain that if Hillary were doing what Trump is doing now, she would have been impeached months ago. You betcha the Republicans in Congress would have salivated at just such a scenario. I mean, if she was ignoring our intelligence agencies like Trump does, she'd be toast. The hypocrisy is disgusting, but seems to be par for the course in recent years. That's really sad.
They wanted to impeach Obama because he didn't wear a jacket in the Oval office and his wife wore off the rack clothes from the mall. They wanted to blame him for 911.

Remember the bow to the Saudis that had the entire GOP telling us he was a disgrace?

Well, Trump has a jock on his chin and they're not saying a word.

B4YOU

All-Pro
Reaction score
Report: GOP Rep. Rohrabacher referenced in Butina affidavit

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) is the U.S. Congressman named in Monday's FBI affidavit against Russian national Maria Butina, which alleges Rohrabacher was part of a 2015 delegation that traveled to Moscow and planned to meet with a Russian official widely believed to be Alexander Torshin, reports The Daily Beast.
House majority leader to colleagues in 2016: ‘I think Putin pays’ Trump

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.
I don't think anyone would be surprised that Rohrabacher is named in an affidavit connected to a Russian national and Torshin.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve wondered for a long time why that tape wasn’t a bigger deal. It got play for a day or two and faded off the news cycle. To me it was pretty damning.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve wondered for a long time why that tape wasn’t a bigger deal. It got play for a day or two and faded off the news cycle. To me it was pretty damning.
In 2017 it was a one off.. An anomaly.

Now in 2018, dots are being connected, timelines overlapping and it's starting to give the broader picture.

People gots some splanin to do

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
This all feels like there was a group of people connected in our government who looked at the situation with the Russians and figured it wasn't such a big deal if they took a little money from Russian interest because it wouldn't be that big of a deal. They didn't look at what they were doing as spying or anything like that. What they didn't realize was that it was a huge deal and gave the Russians exactly what they needed. Now that light is being shined on this, I feel and I hope that each and every congressman (if any) found to have been involved with Russia are convicted, sent to prison as a spy or Russian sympathizer and stripped of any benefits they might have received. We are down the rabbit hole on this one. At this point, Robert Mueller alone can't save America. We have to save ourselves. If the WW2 era Americans are known as the greatest generation, the Trump era America will be known as the worst generation. They will be the generation that watched the president of the United States kiss the arse of the Russian leader in front of the world while congress did nothing as they cheered MAGA while their jobs were lost along with their benefits. This is America folks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom