Another school shooting in MI... (1 Viewer)

Which is why I asked when the accountability would come in from the justice system.

I think parents need to start being charged along with their brats.
In IL, WI, UT and FL a parent who let's their minor gain access to a firearm can be charged with a felony unless the child uses it to defend himself. For instance someone breaks into the home and the child grabs dads gun and shoots the creep. I would bet MI has a similar law.

I could not find anything so it appears they do not.

just read the DA is mulling charges for the parent(s).
"Mulling". He needs to do it already. I don't care how you feel about your kids. Every day we see people on the news saying "I never though my <insert title: kid, spouse, parent, etc> was capable of doing something like this."

Keep your guns locked up and out of your kid's access unless you are around to closely supervise - no matter how good/responsible of a child you have. They might be "good" but their brains are still under-developed.

"Mulling". He needs to do it already. I don't care how you feel about your kids. Every day we see people on the news saying "I never though my <insert title: kid, spouse, parent, etc> was capable of doing something like this."

Keep your guns locked up and out of your kid's access unless you are around to closely supervise - no matter how good/responsible of a child you have. They might be "good" but their brains are still under-developed.
Yeah, I just don't understand parents not securing their weapons in their own home. But then, I've never owned guns as long as my kids have been around. My youngest is 17, so it's getting to where I don't have to worry about all that any longer.

If my firearm is out of the safe it is always within arms reach.

From what I am reading the kid was bullied. It does not give him an excuse to use a gun. His parents are responsible. As well as the kid.

Oh he absolutely should be held responsible, but this is America. Where depending on who you are, you won't be held accountable for grabbing a gun (giving someone access to a gun) with the intent to kill someone is punished.

In IL, WI, UT and FL a parent who let's their minor gain access to a firearm can be charged with a felony unless the child uses it to defend himself. For instance someone breaks into the home and the child grabs dads gun and shoots the creep. I would bet MI has a similar law.

I could not find anything so it appears they do not.

IL and WI...is that Illinois and Wisconsin? LOL, ******* laughable.

We as a country complain about guns and crimes with guns all the time. Cook County just passed 1000 homicides for the year and we do nothing. We have laws on the books that are too lenient IMO. Stop with the sentences of life etc. Make it easy. You get caught red handed you're expedited. If guilty it's a death sentence. You want to appeal, great its fast tracked. If you commit a crime with a firearm that doesn't involve it being fired its 20 years in prison no parole. Stop with the prayers that do nothing. Stop with the sympathy for the criminal. Society gains nothing by having these people in existence. Not a huge Bible thumper, but an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
Get tough on crime?
How has no one ever thought of this?!?

If my firearm is out of the safe it is always within arms reach.
I generally stay out of commenting on these discussions, but I do keep up with them.

I feel like pretty much everyone that has been involved in these threads recognizes that you are way above average (I didn't want to use 'the exception' because I believe there are many other responsible gun owners) when it comes to handling guns and gun safety. I personally feel that a big problem is that there are many that either don't take it seriously or they don't understand all that is involved in safely owning a gun, especially when kids are around.

I believe that if you were the template from which all other gun owners were created, there would be much less debate on guns in general.

JMO, of course.

I generally stay out of commenting on these discussions, but I do keep up with them.

I feel like pretty much everyone that has been involved in these threads recognizes that you are way above average (I didn't want to use 'the exception' because I believe there are many other responsible gun owners) when it comes to handling guns and gun safety. I personally feel that a big problem is that there are many that either don't take it seriously or they don't understand all that is involved in safely owning a gun, especially when kids are around.

I believe that if you were the template from which all other gun owners were created, there would be much less debate on guns in general.

JMO, of course.
The flip side is that we don’t write our laws based on what the best among us do

JMO, of course.
Ty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom